Gravid?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Can someone help me figure out if my bearded dragon is gravid. He dug 3 times so far. Once was last night in his hut. The other 2 times was after I gave him something to eat or he ate himself. He has purée on his mouth and appears to be scrapping it off. He has been trying to scrape it off after he eats a lot. However, the last 2 times he clawed at the floor a little too. The last time he went to the entrance of his hut and did it. I tried to feel his tummy. It felt squishy to me, but I do t really know how to feel it. He went to the vet on Friday and the vet felt his tummy he felt nothing. He was not eating as good yesterday, but that seemed to improve. I don’t think he has been eating ravenously. He has only been glass surfing right before he poops. Can someone help?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
is this good?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 34

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
He only did it 3 times. The rest of the day he has been calmly basking. They looked more like him scraping. Then, he did a bit of a digging hand movement. The last 2 times was after eating. It didn’t last for very long.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Your beardie will investigate it own her own. They all like to dig, so she will probably dig in it even if she isn't gravid. At a minimum it's good enrichment.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The size of the laybox is fine. How is she doing today?
Be sure the dirt stays a bit moist so if she needs to dig
a burrow that it will hold up for her.

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Keep in mind this could just be random urge to dig off and on like I mentioned in the start. Both M + F do this.
Yeah. I think it might be that but I put in the box just in case. He is just chilling on the basking. I thought he’d be running around constantly digging if he was gravid. Plus, his appetite hasn’t been the best since the ennema and I thought it was supposed to be largly increased.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Keep in mind this could just be random urge to dig off and on like I mentioned in the start. Both M + F do this.
The vet also said he lost a bit of weight the last time he was there. Probably because there was no longer poop in him. I also thought he’d weigh more

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Try not to worry too much , Cole is just doing normal b.d. things. :) Remember, no more enemas though.
Yes. I don’t want to do it again. I didn’t look it up and thought it was the same as the human ones. I didn’t realize he wouldn’t go there. As soon as I saw he didn’t feel good, I instantly regretted it.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
You can't always feel infertile eggs So get a plastic box like this, see how I cut one corner out and packed it 3/4 with sand or topsoil + sand mix. Then just put a log next to it so Cole can get in + out. Once you put Cole in there the digging should start. There's still a very slight chance that Cole's a male but this way you have your set up.

View attachment 85120
I had topsoil but I had to swap to play sand only because there was larve and bugs in the topsoil.

Taylorlou

Beardie name(s)
Louis
Can someone help me figure out if my bearded dragon is gravid. He dug 3 times so far. Once was last night in his hut. The other 2 times was after I gave him something to eat or he ate himself. He has purée on his mouth and appears to be scrapping it off. He has been trying to scrape it off after he eats a lot. However, the last 2 times he clawed at the floor a little too. The last time he went to the entrance of his hut and did it. I tried to feel his tummy. It felt squishy to me, but I do t really know how to feel it. He went to the vet on Friday and the vet felt his tummy he felt nothing. He was not eating as good yesterday, but that seemed to improve. I don’t think he has been eating ravenously. He has only been glass surfing right before he poops. Can someone help?
If your dragons a boy he cannot be gravid, possibly brumation if anything or shedding as they can go off their food during a shed

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom