Gravid female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Home depot Its in Manhattan i live in Brooklyn so I have to take the train with this 50lb box of playsand. That's why I was like ugh lol. But it's cool not like it's the first time. Hopefully she actually uses it and it's not for nothing cause I think I'll cry, on the inside lol.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Lol, hopefully no one would view you as a suspicious character ! J.K, but now if you check in the gardening center you might find a 20 lb. bag of plain topsoil.

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol I know right, like what is this person doing with play sand guarantee I'm going to get some side eye looks lol but I already ordered for store pickup

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Which part of Brooklyn are you in? There is a home depot in a big shopping plaza on Northern Blvd near my old place in Astoria. If you live along the G (and if it's actually running) that may be an easier option than dealing with Manhattan. It's easy to get to by car too. Might be worth uber/lyft fare if you don't have a car. One of those granny carts should be able to handle the bag of sand. Kind of a pain on the stairs down to the subway platform though... :dontknow:

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm in Williamsburg right on the boarder closer to manhattan on the l and g lines. I just brought the stuff home and my back, shoulders are done lol. Good thing I exercise otherwise it would be way worse lol.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lol I'm glad you were able to get it back home safely. Consider it a good workout I guess =). Wasn't the L supposed to shut down for a while? Or did that already happen?

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yup no gym for me this week lol. L train shuts down in 2019 hopefully i have a car by then lol.

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I put her in but nothing. I tried making a tunnel with my hand and a plastic container and nothing, all she did was either tried to get out or just stayed there and did nothing. After I took her out and gave her a bath she calmed down now she's basking calmly in her cage. So do I just keep trying and eventually she'll lay?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, put her in at least twice a day for about an hour at a time. That being said, some females become very restless like she is and are NOT gravid. But it's better to be safe and have a laybox ready. Can you post pics of it ?

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I made that tunnel with my hand just before I took her out, a final try.
88676-4413246773.jpg
That's the plastic container I used to make a cave looking structure in the sand, I didn't have a shoe container, all I have are these food containers, I buy and use as hides for my snakes and leopard gecko. But I did make it look really cave like?
88676-4296441986.jpg
I tell you if nothing else at least I got to play in the sand for a bit lol.

Also question, so if it's a possibility that she's not gravid is this behavior just a hormonal thing they go through as well?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, that's a pretty good laybox and you did the cave justice. If she decides to dig she shoud go for that are. You can make it even bigger + deeper , too.

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey there, still nothing. I've been putting her in twice a day for an hour like you suggested but she either tries to get out or just sits there and does nothing. I'll take her out put her in her tank she'll start glass surfing like a maniac and destroying her tank but goes in the sandbox and nothing, "sighs"?. Usually around 4 or 5pm she calms down though, is that normal? Around 4pm today she calmed down and now she's basking calmly.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So there's no way to be certain she's gravid but you can just continue doing what you're doing. Did you add a bit more sand to make the mound/cave bigger ?

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No I haven't tried adding more, I'll try tomorrow and see what happens, though I do have to be careful though because that tote can't hold to much weight, everytime I move it, it feels like it's going to break under the weight of the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom