gout show up in xray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh geez, what now? Poor Lucy. The swelling is just on one side? Could she have hurt herself recently?
These types of swellings are strange, almost makes me think she has some bone issues somehow.
Let us know how things go at the vets, when you are able to get her in.
Is she eating normally?

Tracie

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":32gon89k said:
Hello,

Oh geez, what now? Poor Lucy. The swelling is just on one side? Could she have hurt herself recently?
These types of swellings are strange, almost makes me think she has some bone issues somehow.
Let us know how things go at the vets, when you are able to get her in.
Is she eating normally?

Tracie
At vet now. No way she hurt herself again as we have leveled her enclosure. She's in the xray machine although swelling seems like muscle tissue along one side of spine. Strange...

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Tracie, are there any muscular diseases or conditiins that you know of? Anything we should suggest testing for?
So we did another xray which shows nothing except perfect bones. Swelling along side of spine seems to be muscular. At this point Vet is puzzled. She is going to do some research...
Meanwhile Lucy is a little "hobbily" but seems pretty happy. I'm thinking at this point I may bring her back for a blood test if the vet suggests one. Other then that I may not take her back and hope for the best...

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3b5tubu4 said:
Can you post pics of her side and her swollen arm ?
They are not that visible in pics. There is a little swelling midway between wrist and elbow. This has been causing her to limp. And there is slight swelling along one side of spine causing her to seem a little "hobbily" in rear legs.
I'll see if I can get some pics that may show anything...

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
80804-810502898.jpg
Ok, on this shot it is visible. If you follow her indented spinal line, you can see that right if her spine is raised. Vet says it is some kind of muscular swelling...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is strange. I see she is a leatherback, correct? I don't think that has anything to do with the condition or issues going on.
It could possibly be a vitamin or mineral deficiency perhaps. If she hasn't hurt herself then there isn't really much else it could be. I can try to do some research to see if anything turns up. I doubt it would be anything like muscular dystrophy, or other things related.
There isn't a rock or anything else that she could have tried to flatten herself out & go underneath of to maybe damage her scales?

Tracie

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes she is a leatherback. Maybe it's a deficiency of some kind. Maybe she needs a vitamin? Right now the only supplements she gets are calcium w d3.
Diet consists of daily collard greens, bakchoy, chard, dandelion and dubias, superworms and horned worms (proteins rotate based on her current pickiness, lol). This past week, however, she has been eating very light. It is suddenly cold outside and she took some antibiotics for a week...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can get vitamin deficiencies sometimes. You could try the Herptivite vitamins, they are good quality to see if that helps her out.
How is she doing today?
Her greens variety sound terrific, so she should be getting adequate nutrition though.
If it has gotten pretty cold, she may start to slow down a little bit, like a lot of the others tend to do this time of year.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will look to get her herptivite.
Today the swelling in her back is gone (mysteriously, lol). I did give her Black Cherry last 2 days even though vet Doesn't think gout. Arm still has some swelling. She looks happy, just hanging out basking. Can't tell if she's hobbling cause she's a lazy one and doesn't like to exert too much unnecessary enegy, lol...
Eating very little each day, hopefully it's just seasonal.

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Now tonight it looks like her back feet are puffy n swollen. The original swelling on her back is gone and another spot higher on her spine looks slightly swollen.
She has been on Metacam. I wonder if she is reacting to it?
I have no idea what is going on...
Maybe gout? She started w black cherry juice 2 days ago. Is dosage same on juice vs concentrate?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Interesting, she could be holding water or having a reaction to the metacam, yes.
How long has she been on it for now?
Continue with the black cherry though, just in case. I hope it isn't gout, but if the swelling continues or gets worse, that will have to be a consideration. She sure is a beautiful girl, too! :D
You could give 1ml of the juice & usually the concentrate is a bit stronger so you could give a little less of concentrate.

Tracie

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
80804-2553212559.jpg
80804-8229075661.jpg
Pics from this morning. I think she's swollen but I can't find any pics where her feet look thinner as she is plump.

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Maybe I should assume gout? And try to get alluyprinol? Is there a way to bypass vet? Seems to be a waste of money at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom