good feeder insect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i recently got a bearded dragon, im kinda new to this whole thing and im wondering what is a good feeder insect for a young beardie that doesnt cost much but is easy to get and is good for the dragon. any ideas? im currently feeding him crickets. i tried to breed them but i guess it didnt work out well.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
for all the work involved in breeding crix it is just as easy to buy them in bulk and feed from that. make sure that you tend to them regularly (i.e. removing the shed the dead and the poop) and you should have a good inexpensive feeder readily available at all times. most breeders run about $20/1000. in all honesty crix are cheap, easy to get and fairly nutricious for your dragon. some may disagree with this and say roaches are better (me included) as they don't jump or smell and are easy to breed. for the future once your dragon gets 16" or bigger he/she can have superworms added as a staple. variety is the spice of life so supplement with smaller soft bodied worms such as phoenix worms, butter worms, silk worms and an occasional waxworm. a very good source of info for feeders is http://www.feedersinc.com/. also even if your beardie turns its nose up at veggies you should offer them. some day your beardie will realize that they are good for him.
a good source of info for which veggies to offer is http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom