Good day to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Hello, my fellow bearded dragon lovers. I am introducing my latest addition, Sakari. I acquired him last Thursday from a dear friend of mine, who's babies I have been waiting to be ready for months now.
I will give you a little information about Sakari.
We are not sure of his sex but I have dubbed him a male so, that is what I will refer to him as.
His birthday is July 2nd, and if you haven't already done the math I did take him home when he was exactly 2 weeks and 2 days old. Yes, I do understand that I should have waited until he was 6 weeks or 6 inches long but, I just couldn't wait any longer to bring him home with me. I felt and still feel very confident in my ability to raise him properly and help him to grow up and be rather larger and strong. He has gained weight since I acquired him 1 week ago today and he has gotten longer. I log his food intake and weight everyday to keep an eye on him. He does not eat much at all about 7-13 crickets in a day with very little vegetables. He loathes them and I am working on getting him to eat more of them. I do put calcium supplements on his crickets every time I feed him and I feed him 4 times a day just to make sure he is eating as much as he wants. Whatever he does not eat at a meal time I crush it's head (I know a but barbaric) and leave it in his food dish on his vegetables in hopes he will eat them. He always manages to only get the cricket and leave anything green untouched.
I have him in a 40 gallon breeder tank. Yes, I know this is not recommended for multiple reasons. One because he may have trouble finding his food. Which he doesn't because I make sure he eats everything. I give him 10 minutes whatever he does not eat, I kill, like I said. He is going on worms anyways. The other most common reason is, they lack intelligence apparently and will wonder from the basking area to the cool side of the tank and get so cold they die. To ease anybody's mind, whenever I come in the room he is 90% of the time on something near his basking rock if not on the rock. I also do not keep the cold side of his cage so cold that if he were to spend a lengthy amount of time over there he would certainly not freeze to death. His lowest temps are at night which drop to 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit.
I do bathe him in the sink every day and he just adores bath time. He dips his head in the water and drinks most mornings. He also loves his "rain" times. This is where 3 times a day I take a spray bottle and spray his cage he loves it. He gets all excited and watches the drops run down everything and licks them up on occasion. I do NOT spray his face. I spray his back and if I am attempting to get him to drink I will spray it on a surface in front of him and make a puddle or stream for him to drink from. He does drink from it some times. He also drinks from his water bowl which I seldom see him use it but when he does its brief and to the point.
I don't handle him to much mostly in the morning and in the evening before meals or a while after. I do hold him about 3 times a day for about 5 minutes because I do not want to stress his little self out. Once he is bigger I will let him sit with me while I do home work and such. The hardest time to hold him will be when I get my dog and have to potty train the little rascal but I did it before when my cat was a wee little pinto bean. Which is my cats nickname Pinto Bean.
Speaking of my cat Sakari LOVES to watch her. I think though he might feel as if she doesn't know he exists. On occasion when she comes in and he see's her he will bulge his eyes out now he has only done this one time. Believe me I thought he was dying it only lasted for maybe 5-10 seconds but it felt like minutes. So I immediately read up on it and my heart finally returned to it's regular pace.
His favorite perch at the moment is the branch that his on the right side of his cage he sits about half way up which has a surface temp of about 85-95 degrees and just sprawls out.

A little about me now. I have had bearded dragons before I have had 3. One I had less than 24 hours before he passed he was very under weight and he was not taken care of properly. Then I got Sunny who apparently had liver failure when I got him and we surrendered him to the vet clinic in fact I am checking up on him today. Then I got Macklemore and he was really messed up with internal parasites and the vet said the meds to fix his problems would ultimately cause kidney damage which could lead to total loss of kidney function.So we returned him so the petstore could take care of it. One of the hardest things I had to do was give him back. I wont get a petco beardie ever again. Then I waited about 3 months and got Sakari. I am really happy with him and how alert he is. By now you might have connected a few dots and though HM this sounds familiar. Yes I do have a different screen name connected to this forum. That name is SunnysHumanSlave. The email associated with that name is compromised so I will no longer be using it. I left the other forums I was on because they treated me as if I was a complete rock head, and in no way was I going to tolerate that, I am no newb or whatever it's called.

PLEASE ENJOY THE FOLLOWING PICTURES. I WILL BE AN ACTIVE QUESTION ASKER AND I WILL ANSWER WHATEVER I CAN.
GOOD DAY TO YOU.

ALSO YOU CAN WATCH THIS VIDEO OF SAKARI EATING.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=178281495682768&l=1666957098593944886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom