Goldfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to own a Chinese Water Dragon, and I would give him little feeder fish all the time, so I was wondering, what would happen if a Bearded Dragon were to eat a small little feeder fish?

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Fish are a bad idea for dragons - the bones pose a risk and they are also frequent carriers of parasites.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Beardies don't eat fish in the wild. Chinese Water Dragons do. I think beardie bodies aren't made to handle fish. Especially goldfish. Because I heard somewhere, I think on an 'Animal Cops' show on AnimalPlanet that goldfish can stunt a alligators growth because of something the goldfish carries. I forgot what. Hope this helps! :D

TJeno":1sopj4h5 said:
Geoff":1sopj4h5 said:
You could but beardies have rather sensitive digestive tracks compared to water dragons and the impaction risk is pretty high...

Personally, I wouldn't...

I went looking for a second opinion and found this: http://pogopogona.com/feeding-bearded-dragons/can-bearded-dragons-eat

Well..that site also says to 'stick to mealworms'..

Yes, but then it says, and I quote.
"Can Bearded Dragons eat Mealworms?
Infrequent, high in fat and phosphorates, but low in calcium – dust them with calcium and they’re good a s supplement for dragons to put on some weight. Avoid feeding them mealworms that are due to malt as the hard skin/ chitin will cause digestive issues."

I don't exactly agree because if you want to beef up your skinny dragon give it wax worms. They won't cause impaction because they are soft bodied. And it only said, "stick to mealworms" because of earthworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom