Go Charmander !

charman.der

Beardie name(s)
Charmander
Hello everyone !! My name is Abigail and I am the mother of a beautiful silkie named Charmander.
IMG_3465.jpeg

She was a present for my birthday and met her at a reptile shop.
IMG_1683.jpeg

I found out about her story of not having a family that can care to her very specific needs and I immediately felt the need to take her home.

She is too boujee to eat on her own so when I’m gone for work, she spends the day leaning against her log or basking on her rope.
Snapshoot_1708442225808.jpg

Charmander also makes sure to get to the highest point of every Croc each time she finds one.
IMG_2917.jpeg
IMG_3247.jpeg

I look forward to chatting more with you all !!

With love,
Team Charmander

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone !! My name is Abigail and I am the mother of a beautiful silkie named Charmander.
View attachment 87634

She was a present for my birthday and met her at a reptile shop.
View attachment 87637
I found out about her story of not having a family that can care to her very specific needs and I immediately felt the need to take her home.

She is too boujee to eat on her own so when I’m gone for work, she spends the day leaning against her log or basking on her rope.
View attachment 87632 View attachment 87631
Charmander also makes sure to get to the highest point of every Croc each time she finds one.
View attachment 87635 View attachment 87636

I look forward to chatting more with you all !!

With love,
Team Charmander
She is beautiful--- what does this mean? She is too boujee to eat on her own--- I was looking at your lighting- what kind of UVB is that? I see the basking bulb but am not sure what the UVB is your using

charman.der

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charmander
She is beautiful--- what does this mean? She is too boujee to eat on her own--- I was looking at your lighting- what kind of UVB is that? I see the basking bulb but am not sure what the UVB is your using
Hi !! That means that she is too entitled to eat on her own. She chooses to ignore food unless I’m around her 😂. In terms of lighting, I bought the full enclosure set up from the reptile shop. I have an exo-terra compact top canopy with two 75W bulbs for UVB.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She is very beautiful 😍
Silkies are a whole life style, my hats off to you.
As far as uvb the compacts are no good, she needs a long tube, work with @KarrieRee she can help you get your lighting on par.
Welcome to the forum Abigail and Charmander 🙂 ( The name suits her to)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi !! That means that she is too entitled to eat on her own. She chooses to ignore food unless I’m around her 😂. In terms of lighting, I bought the full enclosure set up from the reptile shop. I have an exo-terra compact top canopy with two 75W bulbs for UVB.
As suggested get rid of the UVB----- you want a 24" fixture for a 40+ gallon tank --
Zoo Med- Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this one comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 I will post the link
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this one can be found at Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
Sunblaster you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun posted above you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
when you get the UVB please post on here -- the screen on the tank will determine distance and placement

charman.der

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charmander
As suggested get rid of the UVB----- you want a 24" fixture for a 40+ gallon tank --
Zoo Med- Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this one comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 I will post the link
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this one can be found at Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
Sunblaster you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun posted above you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
when you get the UVB please post on here -- the screen on the tank will determine distance and placement
I just bought her a new and bigger enclosure so I’ll definitely post on the forum when I start setting it up so I can get more assistance and feedback for my baby 😊

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Welcome to the forum Charmander and Abigail.
She is a beautiful dragon. Feel free to ask anything, Silkies will need a little bit of help with shedding sometimes, so that is to be expected. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom