Getting Tile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpiroden

Hatchling Member
I heard Tile is a really nice substrate and I think I'm going to get some, but is it really expensive? I have like $56 to spend on remodeling Khomez's viv, and I would like to have SOME left over :p He has ReptiCarpet right now but it just isn't doing it for me or him, his claws keeps getting hooked in the threads. His tank right now is 32x18x18.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I spent $13.29 on enough tile to cover one of my dragons tanks. And it was pretty nice tile IMO.

-Brandon

i think i'm going to go with tile too when i get my enclosure, i like the look of a tiled habitat over paper-towel or repile-carpet

Jpiroden

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
FoothillBeardie":23hrk5vd said:
I got slate tile at home depot for 14.70 a box (5 tiles) not sure where your getting $56 from but seems expensive.
Heh, I told my mom i wanted tile, of course like all people who think they know about beardie's, she said Khomez wouldn't like that, she said that he likes SAND :roll: I had to lecture her(XD) that yes there is some sand in where they live but mostly rocky rual areas of Australia. then she understood but said that Tile was like $50-$60 a box! she's checking it out now but that pricing really dampened my hope

SmaugTheBD

Hatchling Member
Jpiroden":1i51gyjm said:
I heard Tile is a really nice substrate and I think I'm going to get some, but is it really expensive? I have like $56 to spend on remodeling Khomez's viv, and I would like to have SOME left over :p He has ReptiCarpet right now but it just isn't doing it for me or him, his claws keeps getting hooked in the threads. His tank right now is 32x18x18.

I am also going to get tile soon, but I was wondering if I have to put anything under the tile?

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
SmaugTheBD":324stzm8 said:
I am also going to get tile soon, but I was wondering if I have to put anything under the tile?

I was think that same question also. I don't have anything under mine, but I have a melamine enclosure and the tile won't hurt that. The bottom of tile is kind of rough so I was thinking it might scratch a glass surface over time. I suppose you could put paper towel under it. it seems it would be a pain when the poopie wetness gets between the tiles to replace the paper towel.

Jpiroden

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MrWhite":ltzldpld said:
SmaugTheBD":ltzldpld said:

I was think that same question also. I don't have anything under mine, but I have a melamine enclosure and the tile won't hurt that. The bottom of tile is kind of rough so I was thinking it might scratch a glass surface over time. I suppose you could put paper towel under it. it seems it would be a pain when the poopie wetness gets between the tiles to replace the paper towel.
thats sounds like a good idea :)

Jpiroden

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I checked out menards today, stone tile was 2 bucks a tile and the largest size was 18x18, so it would cost me about 4 bucks and whatever amount it would cost to get it cut. But one question im pondering, whats better? ceramic with a glaze(its cheaper) or stone?

i saw slate mentioned... how is that compare to tile?

i would like the black color better, but it's not up to me, it's for the beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom