German bearded dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
I keep seeing photos of huge dragons on this site are they all German type dragons. I heard normal phase dragons only get to 15 inches long but these photo I been seeing must be German beardies cause alot of you have huge dragons?

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
Mine are still growing, but they are not German Giants. However, Drago is already about 10 inches long and less than two months old!! LOL :shock:

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
Whoever told you they only get to around 15" didn't know what they were talking about. The average dragon of the species regularly available in the pet trade will get between 16" and 24" as Laura said. The German Giants you are referring to will actually get around 30" long.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Terminator7777":2ih6unze said:
My guys are 10 weeks old and still very small about three inches nose to vent. So 6 inches total

6" total at 10 weeks? Just curious again about your set up and feeding :D

Here is a link to a growth chart, but of course every dragon is different but it can be used as a loose guideline :)
http://www.dachiu.com/care/charts.html
Enjoy your babies!

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have them both still in a 20 gallon tank long and using 18" reptisun 10.0 and a 150 watt bulb and my temps are 100 on basking side and 80 on the cool side with water bowl. I use paper towel and my dragons bask 6 inches away from basking bulb. I feed crickets every other day and feed romaine lettuce with added dandilion greens.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
They need crickets every day 2-3 times a day at their age. Romaine isn't any good, and they should be eating collard, kale, mustard or dandelion greens instead of that.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i feed romaine with the dandilion greens cause its the only way they eat the dandilion greens. I can't find collard greens i looked around. crickets i do feed but only can afford 7 dozen a week.

jjh1

Juvie Member
My big guy is 1year 5 months old 400 grams and 21 inches long right now still growing.
He is also slowly filling out and bulking up. He is a Sandfire x German Giant

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Terminator7777":2vgue5fw said:
crickets i do feed but only can afford 7 dozen a week.

Sorry to say, but basically you are starving your dragon(s). And they will not grow, and will become very sick. Have you tried buying your crickets online? It is much cheaper. How about trying dubia roaches where you can breed your own and not have to pay for feeders once the colony is going? I'm sorry, and don't mean to sound rude, but not being able to afford to feed an animal is not an excuse... if you can't afford to feed them, you shouldn't have them...

You should read this.. this is what happens to an underfed dragon

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=148184&hilit=rocky

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
Terminator7777":1hnbp79y said:
i feed romaine with the dandilion greens cause its the only way they eat the dandilion greens. I can't find collard greens i looked around. crickets i do feed but only can afford 7 dozen a week.

A beardies diet requires to have the amount of animal protein(live feeders) 2 to 3 times a day as much as they will eat in a 10 to 15 minute period. Feeding them live feeders every other day right now is like telling you that you can have 1 pop tart in the morning and that's it until tomorrow. You're seriously stunting your dragons growth and laying the ground work for very unhealthy dragons. The average juvenile bearded dragon will be eating around 60 crickets a day every day and fresh greens and veggies every day. Romaine lettuce has almost no nutritional value, it's ok to mix in with other greens but the main bulk of the daily salad needs to be something more nutritional. I buy a salad mix from the local supermarket that has red and green mustard greens, tatsoi, mizuna, red and green chard, frisee, arugula, radicchio, and a mix of baby lettuces. It costs about $3.50 US and feeds my 2 juveniles and 3 adults for 2 days. Both of my juveniles eat around 70 reptiworms a day, some days a little more, some days a little less.

If you can't afford more than 7 dozen crickets a week then you need to look into starting a feeder colony and breeding them yourself. Dubia are relatively easy to breed and dragons love them.

You will also need to be separating your 2 dragons into their own enclosures within the next month or 2. Bearded dragons are very territorial animals and as they start to hit dragon puberty they will start fighting, it may not be that noticeable at first but trust me they will. And if you happen to have a male and female in another 6 months or so they are going to try to mate, if left together the female can produce anywhere from 20 to 100 eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom