George my new beardie coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

slifer892

So I now work at Petsmart and there is this beardie named George he can barely use his front arms, like he barely walks then collapses. They have had him since May and I'm going to take him. I know it will be a lot if work but I need to do this. I know he has to be hand fed but and no tall climbing things but what other tips could you guys offer? I jus want to make his life the best it can be.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Soft substrate, like towels, and shallow ramps with towels will prevent fall injuries. Make sure you are giving plenty of calcium, and have proper UVB lighting and temps. You want a ReptiSun 10.0 tube UVB and basking temps of 105-110F. Make sure the tank is at least 20 gallons, and preferably just get the 40 gallon from the get go.

slifer892

Original Poster
I have a 40 gal just bout today and got a new heat bulb just waiting to get the UVB until I get him so I don't break it. Just wondering I've always used sills desert is reprisun better?

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
I'm assuming that was meant to be Zilla. The answer is yes, ReptiSun is head and shoulders better, to the point that I and most people around here would never suggest to use the Zilla. It isn't as powerful or as carefully quality controlled. Just make sure it's a tube and not a compact!

slifer892

Original Poster
Sorry that was from my phone! And of course always tube new current beardie has a 20 inch that covers his cage and my iguana has a MVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom