Gem,Diesel,and Java *videos pg 65*

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Michele! :)

So how are the two of you doing?

Good that you are breaking him in slowly with the supers. You could gradually give him more if you want when you feel he's ready and he's consistently pooping nice as you raise the amounts. I personally do not like to let even my adults eat to many supers at a feeding. The sibs are getting 3 to 5 each a day right now.

Diane maybe Santa will bring you a nice new camera. :)

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi Barb! We are both doing great,thanks :D How are YOU?

I've been giving Gem 4-5 supers (very small or freshly shed) each feeding. He loves them! He's still eating alot of salad too :D
I know how I am going to set up his new tank now,I just have to seal the crack in the glass this weekend. I hope to have it all done and him in it by NEXT weekend after giving the silicone 7 days to dry and cure.
I will be posting pics when it's all done :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Glad to hear you 2 are doing good. :D
I'm doing good too thanks for asking. :)

Ou! Can't wait to see the new viv when you get done. Sounds like it's gonna come out nice. :mrgreen:
Yeah some of the babies are eating more supers than others...the bigger ones. Oh wait Gem, I think may be the biggest. :lol: You have done a wonderful job spoiling him...I'm so glad he ended up with you. :)
How much is he weighing now?

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
fresnowitte":2pyrnpdb said:
OMG!!! :shock: What are you feeding him woman? :lol:
He's gotten huge! :D :love5:
Just some sides of beef :lol: :lol:

Every day he eats almost 2 dishes of salad, 5-10 freshly shed supers and anywhere from 6-10 large crickets.
:D

I just got back from Lowes and Petsmart.I am so excited!!! At Lowes I bought 8 ceramic tiles and had them cut for his new tank,and bought and cut a huge piece of plexiglass to use as a subfloor. At Petsmart I bought a new hammock,some greenery (to put under the subfloor)and a HUGE awesome basking log thingy.It was expensive ($50) but I love it! :)
Saturday I siliconed the crack in the glass,so I hope to get everything all set up and Gemini in it by the end of this coming weekend. I will take pics as I put it all together. :D

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Hi Michelle......Glad to hear Gemini is growing so well...and that you are well also.
Please tell me more about this sub floor?Is this a second level in the viv?
Hugs!Cindy n Malibu

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
That sound great Michele, I can't wait to see the progress pictures and the finished viv! Did you buy the selving with legs at home depot to give the height?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great Michele, sounds like you have everything all planned out. I know it will be awesome. What color ceramic slate tiles did you go with? The plexiglass sounds like it will work perfectly. So, you got a new "basking thingy" too AND a new hammock, perhaps a large one since he has grown so much? I peeked in on him yesterday, he was sound asleep on his hammock, looked so cute. :p

It's so exciting setting up a new tank just the way you like it knowing that he will be SO happy. :wink:

It's hard to believe that he is almost 300 grams and close to 17" already, he's gonna be a big guy.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Aww! Gem's new home sounds wonderful, Michele. You sound so excited about it. That is great!
I am looking forward to pics of Gem and his new bachelor pad. :wink:
Hope all is well with you.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Cindy,
Not a second level,the tank is 31''H so I wanted to build the entire floor up.I'm going to post pics of the entire process when I'm done so you can see what I'm talking about. :D

Christine,
I ended up using some recycled items(huge sauce cans and some heavy duty plastic shelves) that I took home from work to build the floor up :mrgreen:

Diane,
I picked out beige colored tiles, and I love the way they look :D I'm testing the temps right now (you know how fun that is :roll: ). I hope Gem appreciates all this hardwork and likes his new "room".
Now I have to find 2 big strong men to move the tank into my livingroom. Know where I can find some?? :lol:
Lol,what time of day did you peek on Gemini? He loves napping in his hammock 8)

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":2dze7gtg said:
Aww! Gem's new home sounds wonderful, Michele. You sound so excited about it. That is great!
I am looking forward to pics of Gem and his new bachelor pad. :wink:
Hope all is well with you.
Thanks Dawn :D I am really excited about it and I hope the finished product is everything I imagined in my head and that Gem loves it :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Michele,
:shock: boy has Gem grown! He's going to be a big boy. I loved the pics & videos, he's such a ham!

I'll be looking forward to pics of the new tank set up, glad you got such a good deal.

Hugs to both of you, glad you're feeling better Michele & that your medication is working :D :D

Only Sweetie & Lonzo are getting up lately, guess Sweetie's had enough sleeping, she's now eating every day. Lonzo is his usual self, guess he doesn't have a winter slow down button. He's not up for long, but he's still bobbing & blackbearding everything, including Roger & me! He's so funny & sure is active for a 7 1/2 yr old!

Take care,
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea K
Top Bottom