Fungus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smid

Hatchling Member
I noticed this under Smid's chin this morning, what could it be??

P1080390.jpg

P1080391.jpg

P1080393.jpg

Is it a fungus? Should I be worried?

remi1

Juvie Member
Bump.
I have no idea! It's hard to tell from the pictures, are the scales around it necrotic?

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't think so - the scales just look strange - and blackish. I think I'll take him in to be sure.

remi1

Juvie Member
That's always safest. Though I would imagine that if it's a fungus, it would expand and get bigger. Let me know what you find out!

spyder79

Extreme Poster
doesnt look like a fungus so much as it looks like dead scales. Try and put some all natural aloe on it for a few days see if it makes it any better.

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok, I'll try that first. Just a couple of quick questions - how would they die and how will they get better if they are dead? Sorry for my ignorance on this.

Liz

spyder79

Extreme Poster
im not certain of the cause. I think it would be the same as a stuck shed just localized. And i cant answer the other question as i honestly do not know but hopefully someone will.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Could be caused be your pooper rubbing to hard on something or a bug bite. Sometimes on rare occasion it could be a chemical imbalance.

Edit: I blew the picture up and it looks like a bit of retained shed in their. You may want to take a baby tooth brush and bathe in a betadine bath. Maybe try some neosporin in case if it is infected. After words you can try the aloe as mentioned above. If it gets worse you may want to got to the vet and have a culture done to see what it might be! Just my 2 cents hope this helps.

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Lance - should I take him to the vet? or bathe him in betadine? put some aloe on it?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I would try to bathe him in betadine and add a bit of neosporin on it for a day or two. After that you can try the aloe. Also try the tooth brush on it in the bath. Just my 2cents.

fez09

Extreme Poster
I agree with Lance. Mojo is still getting rid of a fungal infection and if it's fungus, it tends to look fuzzy, like mold. Betadine and toothbrush with neosporin should work just fine. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom