Fractured neck/leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hey
so glad hes perked up a bit.
so his poops been quite runny? that could signify parasites but i wouldnt have medicated until the results were actually positive.
let us know what they come back as!
glad theres no breaks!
:)

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I haven't yet medicated but I've been told to give 0.1ml orally daily for one week the little test tube thing says "2.00 x baytril 2.5% Oral Suspension"

Aww thanks, I'm glad nothings broken to!

Austin

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Austin,

Great that Bramble seems to be doing pretty well & eating some too.
The Baytril is ok. So he will just be on it for a week? What did he give it for though? Just wondering.
If you would like, I can double check the dosage for you, if you will send me his body weight.
The temps sound like they are ok, as well. Has he black bearded at all lately?

Tracie

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he black bearded all yesterday, I don't think he liked the vets and it was 0.1cc daily for one week sorry.

I've gave todays but sure, he's a little underweight but hes a short dragon :lol:

he's 230 grams [+/- 5]

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Got some bad & good news.

Lets start with the bad; He seems to have slept since the day after he was brought home, he barely wakes up unless you pick him up is this bad? :oops:

Good; He hasn't had one of these seizure things and he hasn't black bearded since :D

Austin

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good to hear he is doing a little better. It looks like the vet dosed him at 10mg/kg on the Baytril, so, he is taking .1ml, for 1 week?
That will be fine, but be sure to keep him hydrated while he is on the meds. Do you have any probiotics to help his tummy out?
So no black bearding today? I hope he is feeling better today.
Did he eat anything?
He is most likely worn out from the meds & the vet visit, but keep a close eye on him & try to encourage him to bask & stay up & around.

Tracie

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright, no I don't have any but I'll get him some soya yogurt today if neccesary?

He just has been sleeping, I've been hesitant to keep disturbing him but maybe I'll try keep him up he will sleep on his basking stone could he be going through brumation or something at a time like this?

I'm starting to get worried and keeping him hydrated is a real pain because he doesn't like the syringe in his mouth, how hydrated will bathing 2x per day keep him?

Thankyou!

Austin

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Made some progress :blob8:

I've decided just to go for it and make a slurry, I used Locusts, Butterworms, melon and added some dark leafy lettuce although later I will go out and buy some escarole, endive, rocket etc for more he took it well syringed and even licked at it. I decided to use it because he wouldn't chase around his Locusts or even touch butters/supers and he let me give him some water to :D

Can anyone tell me if http://www.livefoods.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=32
this product is any good? and what ratio to use it in.

I am considering ordering some and maybe some http://www.livefoods.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=31 or http://www.livefoods.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=829 will soya do the job as I'm a little short on cash after spending £250 on so far absoloutely nothing apart from some anti biotics and an x-ray I don't understand why my blood tests and fecal results haven't been given to me :banghead:

He is very lethargic and is so hard to keep his eyes open, could he have some neurological problem or something because he would eat with his eyes closed and he can react but I don't understand why they are closed at all :roll:

Austin

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Slight progress, he's a little more active now and not quite as sleepy :D

Austin

ps, still need help with the previous post :idea:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Austin,

So he has improved a little for you now?
Well, try one bath a day you don't want to stress him out too much. That will keep him hydrated fine, once a day.
The soya is fine as a probiotic as long as it is dairy free.
Let me know when the blood tests & the fecal test results come back. I hope he is feeling better.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom