Fractured neck/leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Thankyou for viewing my topic.

Story behind problem:
Yesterday morning(5th april) I discovered Bramble with his head wedged between a rock and the wall of his vivarium, I removed it without any damage but because of the possible long period of time there he seems to have really hurt his neck area:

[Old image]
e5c4d5c2.jpg

He has trouble walking and turning his head right without looking in discomfort and he leans his head either on the left and occasionally straight sometimes he moves awkwardly and gets really frightened and tries to squirm, it is heart breaking to watch. He looks very lethargic but he is still very bright eyed and has ate around 6 medium locusts this morning(6th april) before giving up. He made it through the night without any difficulties I got up every two hours to check his vital signs and he is now in a blanket on the bottom of his viv I have highered temps and now it is currently 92.5F where he is laying.

I have arranged a vet appointment and will be leaving in approx two hours.

I really don't know what to do.. help :(
-Austin
:cry:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Austin, I am sorry Bramble is not feeling well. I hope the vet will give you good news. Please let us know how it goes.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry to hear that Bramble is injured. Please.... do let us know how it goes at the vet. Good Luck!

Dawn :D

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks everyone, I really hope he is.

The vets have kept him in overnight, they are going to run x-rays and do a fecal tomorrow and if nothing turns up with the x-rays blood tests :shock:

just hope it goes well, he means the world to me.

Austin

binger

Hatchling Member
Best wishes on the Vet results... I'm sure everything will work out, but please keep us posted!

msmaui

Juvie Member
Poor Bramble. Hopefully he's just bruised or something minor like that. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry Bramble is hurt. At least they are going to do an x-ray, that should determine if anything is broken. If he was wedged in there for a long time, then, he may have strained his muscle, or possibly stretched a tendon or ligament by struggling to get loose.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thankyou everyone for the lovely responses :oops:

Well he made it through the night, waiting for a call about the x-rays, hopefully the fecal to :D

Just hope everythings ok, Re-furnished his viv so its all nice and low for him :mrgreen:

Austin

Pleaides

Juvie Member
aww poor Bramble (such a sweet name btw!)
do keep us updated with all his results!
oh sweet looking dragon also!
:D

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, yes hes very beautiful and he has the best character ever! :D

:mrgreen: picked him up today.

His X-rays are all good still awaiting test results hope they are good!

He seems to have improved very much, I have an anti-biotic to give for one week 0.1ml per day.

He seems so glad to be home, when he came out of the room he looked so unhappy and when I opened the box he perked up straight away :blob8:

Austin

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OH, that's good news that he didn't suffer any injuries. You must be so relieved. Just curious, what are the antibiotics for, did he have a parasite in his fecal test?

Were you able to increase the temps where he is laying over the 92 range? It should be closer to 100 to make sure he digests his food properly. Also make sure you're using either a temp gun or digital with a probe end to check them as those are the only accurate ways to read them.

Please keep us updated and let us know the rest of the results. :wink:

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I really am pleased!

I'm not sure to be honest, they seem to have really perked him up although hes a little sleepy I'm pretty sure he has some parasites thats why I had it done his stools always seem to have alot of clear liquid and aren't always firm :|

I haven't yet had the fecal results for some odd reason, I'm expecting them over the next day or two.

It's at 94-97F I'm not planning on keeping him so low to the floor just until hes well, he passed some locusts from yesterday fine and I am using a digital probe, left it for atleast an hour :) but if hes doesn't digest his food well I'll have to move his basking spot up a inch or two.

Austin

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like you have the basking/digestion issues all sorted out. :wink:

Do you know the name of the antibiotic they gave him? I would be wary about him being on meds before the results are in because they are rough on their systems. Are you using a probiotic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom