Found this little dude in my garden!

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
I live in Australia, so we get a myriad of reptiles in our gardens. It’s currently winter here, and I found this little cutie sitting on my fence! I‘m 99% sure he is an Eastern, cause he has that black colouration, and the long face. I was thinking, when it becomes warmer and all the reptiles are out, I might go on a heaping adventure!
79907A30-3E2D-4185-8EF2-139574D0E341.jpeg
DF716F51-BB74-4943-8BE1-DBF089C2F331.jpeg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Omg that dragon is friggen beautiful.
I been saying if i were to be a breeder that i would try for black dragons. Wow that is so awesome!!!!

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Omg that dragon is friggen beautiful.
I been saying if i were to be a breeder that i would try for black dragons. Wow that is so awesome!!!!
I really wanted to keep him, but wild dragons belong in the wild. He got lots of kisses, some water and hugs though!

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Very nice! In Melbourne, the only herps we get in the garden are little marbled geckos.
Cool! I love marbled geckos! We once had a monitor come down into our pool area!

label

Hatchling Member
In inner Melbourne we don't get too many monitors; not sure if there are any in the Merri Creek reserve. They might help keep ring-tail possum numbers in check. This is my old girl Shayvele (she's about 11 1/2). She finally got up today after a nice nap since mid-February.

Attachments

• me, lazy.jpg
    me, lazy.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 67

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
In inner Melbourne we don't get too many monitors; not sure if there are any in the Merri Creek reserve. They might help keep ring-tail possum numbers in check. This is my old girl Shayvele (she's about 11 1/2). She finally got up today after a nice nap since mid-February.
Awwww! My eldest, Waffles, is still brumating! She looks amazing, despite being 11 and a half!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
She is beautiful!
I agree wild caught should be wild released. ...... that being said you DID say its winter maybe he can sleep here till it warms up again lol :p
(Joking)

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
She is beautiful!
I agree wild caught should be wild released. ...... that being said you DID say its winter maybe he can sleep here till it warms up again lol :p
(Joking)
I really wanted to keep him, but the best I could do was provide him some warmth for the day! I released him in some bushes, and he hunkered down right after! I was dying of cuteness!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Even wild beardies are full of personality!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It might be a pogona minor with dark colors because of the cooler weather. How big was it ? The spiky tail is odd for another type of dragon, the p.minors I think have spikier tails.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
It might be a pogona minor with dark colors because of the cooler weather. How big was it ? The spiky tail is odd for another type of dragon, the p.minors I think have spikier tails.
It was a juvenile, and maybe 10 cm long without the tail. I'm 99% sure he was a Eastern, as I live on the eastern side of Australia and he had the typical elongated head I've seen with wild easterns around here. I'm pretty sure that P.Minors are found in WA, so the only ones we get are easterns and occasionally a central.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom