Food question =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Hi guys :wave:
I was wondering, can I give my beardie khaki (it's a fruit)? Are they good for them, like once in a while. I have some and was thinking of giving it to Ziggy as a treat. :laughing6:
What do you say?

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
What kind of fruit is it? If it's citrus, it's not okay. Otherwise, you'll just have to do some research on your own. Just do a google search and see what you can learn.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It looks like this:

601986.jpg

It tastes a bit like pear I guess :dontknow:

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
That is... strange. It almost looks like a tomato on the outside.

I can't find anything out about whether it's okay for beardies or not. I would just not give it to him, to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sapphire":851g4g7y said:
That is... strange. It almost looks like a tomato on the outside.

I can't find anything out about whether it's okay for beardies or not. I would just not give it to him, to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry.

Oh, ok than, I won't be giving him khaki than. I like these, though, they are quite tasty. :mrgreen:
Heh, when I saw it I thought it was tomato too. LoL

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
We have those here in the southern US. We call them persimmons. They are really good. we give them to our dragons on very rare occassions. make sure you get the skin off and the seed out first though because the skin and seed will choke them.
Gobi and Ash love it.
Cadmus hates it and Amigo will eat it if you leave it in there long enough.
We make a dessert out of them here.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
jeritta":1t4c4x9p said:
We have those here in the southern US. We call them persimmons. They are really good. we give them to our dragons on very rare occassions. make sure you get the skin off and the seed out first though because the skin and seed will choke them.
Gobi and Ash love it.
Cadmus hates it and Amigo will eat it if you leave it in there long enough.
We make a dessert out of them here.

Oh that's awesome! :) I'll give him a bit just to see if he likes it. :blob5: :blob5: He will only get them on rare occasions anyways. Thanks!! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom