First egg hatched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
So I've never hatched eggs before, and months ago my bearded dragon had 22 eggs, they unfortunately all died, then a few weeks later she had 11 or 12, so I got a proper incubator and they've been in there since the 8th of October and today on Christmas Day one has completely hatched and now I'm not sure what to do, can anyone help? How long do I leave them in the incubator container I have the eggs in? Help please would love to have them all survive!

mortitia

Hatchling Member
Hi
Congratulations on your first baby beardie. I am also a first timer so can't answer your question, I think you have to leave them 24 hrs to absorb the egg sac.

Hopefully you can help me, my eggs are nearly 50 days old now, but when do you take the lid off the containers the eggs are in?

Hope all goes well for you, will follow your journey.

Merry Xmas

Marie x

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi thank you for your reply, to be honest I've never taken my lid off because the lid for my container was too big for the incubator so when I shut the door the lid was always half open.

dociledragons

Juvie Member
I have always left them in the incubator until they have absorbed there egg sac. Then transfer them in a tank with no substrate or paper towels will also work. They will eat hundred of pinheads so stock up. If they are not fed they start nipping on toes and tails. Also 5-10 in groups help. I would order online for cricket you can get 1000 pinheads for 20 delivered. Good luck.. I will be breeding dragons the spring myself. After taking a break for 5-6 years.

mortitia

Hatchling Member
Hi RachhFloynter

How old were your eggs when they hatched? And how is your baby doing, any more hatched yet?

Regards
Marie x

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
mortitia":1pxhzxxb said:
Hi RachhFloynter

How old were your eggs when they hatched? And how is your baby doing, any more hatched yet?

Regards
Marie x

My first one hatched on the 78th day, he's doing great! I named him Santa lol, then I've had one hatch on the 79th day, Boxing Day :) it's so exciting

JC0609

Are you finding it to be a slow hatch too?

I have one hatched and 2 pipped, nothing else. Most of the other eggs look 100% healthy with a couple looking more like 50%.

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
JC0609":850oumfp said:
Are you finding it to be a slow hatch too?

I have one hatched and 2 pipped, nothing else. Most of the other eggs look 100% healthy with a couple looking more like 50%.

Yeah it's a very slow process one egg can take 3 days to hatch completely

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just thought id share photos of the first 3 hatched babies, they're doing very well, running around :)

this little guy is the newest to hatch, don't have a name for him yet, i need to stop naming them! i might get attached lol

this one was the first hatched i named it santa as he was born on xmas day.

and this is the second little one who hatched, his name is boxer as he was born boxing day haha, i love them all to bits! I can't get over how similar but different the each of them are!

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
mortitia":2gishiov said:
They are so cute

Are they eating live food yet?

Let me guess daddy on left, mommy on log?

Marie x

CORRECT! Lol, the fourth one hatched completely last night. And they haven't eaten live feeders yet as the pet shops around here don't have anything until Monday/Tuesday because of the Christmas break but I keep offering them veggies, but because I'm getting 1 everyday there's only one that really needs food as he was the first born. The others are still living off the egg sac :)

JC0609

I'm on 5 100% hatched babies now. Offering micro crix but no one is interested.

My guys have all, barring the last hatchling, lost their yolk sac prior to leaving the egg so I am expecting some eating today.

mortitia

Hatchling Member
Hi

mortitia":mw88tfg2 said:
CORRECT! Lol

They look just like my 2 in every way.

I got all excited this evening, I noticed one of the tubs didn't seem to have much moisture on the lid. Imagine my elation when I noticed one of the eggs looking like it was starting to cave in a little.

Didn't last long, brain kicked in and told me it may be because there was not enough moisture, as this little egg looks just too little.

On to my next question. How big were your eggs when they hatched, as mine are all various sizes and don't seem to look much bigger than when they were laid.

Marie x

PS how are your babies doing now? are they bathing yet or are you offering water from a dropper. (I just realised how much more I need to know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom