Finn, Venus and Jupiter: New beardie baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro is my first bearded dragon and I brought him home on the 27th. He came from an individual that was not giving him the proper care: No uvb, feeding mealworms, sand, UTH instead of basking light, etc. They had been misinformed by a pet store employee (big surprise there). I wanted to start this thread so I and everyone else can watch Spyro as he grows.

About me: My name is Lindsey, I am 25 years old. I have a 6 year old daughter with Angelman Syndrome and she a happy little girl that teaches me something new everyday. I have a 4 year old boy named Garrett that shares my love of animals and he loves Spyro as much as I do. I have 3 dogs: Remington(Remi) is a 1 1/2 year old boxer, Tucker is my shihtzu mix, and the mighty Kujo, a toy poodle weighing in a 4.5 lbs. I also have 3 leopard geckos: Venus, Loki, and Thor. I am attending school full time to become a surgical tech. My life is chaotic, but that's the way I like it.

Now back to Spyro, this is the day I brought him home( I am sure a lot of you have seen these pics in the intro section, sorry I will have new ones up soon) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj7nq20v9w6su94/2012-12-27 16.40.01.jpg

His new home:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m94hjux9v2621v0/2012-12-28 20.31.56.jpg

A couple of him just being cute:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnrb0e1uzzj09y2/2012-12-28 10.18.35.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fenofusv6z8hmwz/2012-12-28 14.03.38.jpg

I will update every once in a while with new pictures. When I got him he was in shed.... and still is. I am getting impatient to see this guy brighten up!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
chastityx":3jgt37q3 said:
i just adore bunnies. i adopted a one eared rabbit that was going to be snake food when i was in highschool. he was the sweetest boy. i guess he was born with a nub for an ear on one side! as for the name, i'm a sucker for perses because he's my favorite. (greek mythology!) it seems kind of fitting for him too. :p
He is a really sweet boy and I like that name but I have a 5 year old that has the final as he has seemed to of attached himself to this bunny, he may end up a permanent resident at my house. My son likes Finn and Venus but doesn't seem to be interested in the care taking part but he does everything (with my supervision) for the bunny. He even helped clean the cage tray. Right now my son has not given the approval of any of the names I have suggested.

So I am really happy that the bunny and Finn eat the same greens and veggies, so I don't have to shop separately and the big bundles of collards, mustard, and turnip greens won't go to waste because even though Finn eats a bunch of greens, he can't finish those bundles before they start to wilt.

On one last side note, I had my BIG surgical instrument test today. I had to know 146 different instruments and you had to spell them correctly... I got an 100%, I was so excited. We had to pass with a 96% or we were out of the program.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Wow, damn, congrats on that exam!

Hmm... What is your son into? Comics? Movies? Super heroes? Super villains?

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
Lindz0518":2nqssxk7 said:
chastityx":2nqssxk7 said:
i just adore bunnies. i adopted a one eared rabbit that was going to be snake food when i was in highschool. he was the sweetest boy. i guess he was born with a nub for an ear on one side! as for the name, i'm a sucker for perses because he's my favorite. (greek mythology!) it seems kind of fitting for him too. :p
He is a really sweet boy and I like that name but I have a 5 year old that has the final as he has seemed to of attached himself to this bunny, he may end up a permanent resident at my house. My son likes Finn and Venus but doesn't seem to be interested in the care taking part but he does everything (with my supervision) for the bunny. He even helped clean the cage tray. Right now my son has not given the approval of any of the names I have suggested.

So I am really happy that the bunny and Finn eat the same greens and veggies, so I don't have to shop separately and the big bundles of collards, mustard, and turnip greens won't go to waste because even though Finn eats a bunch of greens, he can't finish those bundles before they start to wilt.

On one last side note, I had my BIG surgical instrument test today. I had to know 146 different instruments and you had to spell them correctly... I got an 100%, I was so excited. We had to pass with a 96% or we were out of the program.

our greens always start wilting before we can finish them so i give them to the roaches/buggies. wish we had another greens eater though! and congrats on the 100%! we're all rooting for you here and i love knowing when you're doing well. :)

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I really love what I am doing so that helps and I work really hard. I get to scrub in on a surgery for the first time on Friday, I am so excited and nervous. I have been observing on Fridays since August, it is time to sink or swim!

As far as what my son likes, he likes all things super hero so I pulled up a list of heroes and I am picking out a few to see if he likes them.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congrats 100% on your exam, Yeah, you're doing so well! Will be waiting to hear what your son decides about your bunny, name wise.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well I think my son may have settled on a name: Robin, as in Batman and Robin... He might change his mind again but he seems to like this name.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well the name Robin has stuck with the bunny. I have been leaving the door open for short periods of time hoping he will come out and stretch his legs but he is still skiddish, he needs the exercise since his cage is so small. I have been watching craigslist like a hawk for a bigger one at a reasonable price.

Scrubbing in was awesome, I was so nervous but it was great

Also Finn is over 200 grams now!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad it went well in surgery today and Finn is 200g WAY TO GO FINN! Told you he'd make up for lost time!

I'm sure you'll find something for Robin soon, hopefully he'll hop out of his cage soon to get some exercise.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Sorry I have been a little MIA lately, school got a little crazy. Everything is going well and I have a few pictures!
Guess who finally came out of her winter slow down and showed her pretty little face! First time I have seen her out on her own in a month or so.

Then there is Finn who seems to be entering his teenage phase and puffs up at everything that moves, lol.

He is getting more handsome each day despite the attitude, not to mention the full head and back leg shed he is going through.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Lindz, glad school is going well for you, it's always good to hear that.

So you have an adolescent in the family now, they're so funny when they figure out how to get that beard out & so funny when the beard is shedding and instead of that intimidating black (well they think it is :lol: ) it's a light grey with shed. Those pics are priceless and he'll just get funnier.

Gabriel and Didi can now see each other since I moved Gabriel to the living room and Titan to the bedroom. They spend all their time black bearding each other, stomping and trashing their tanks. I took a video of Gabriel, he was raising up each layer of newspaper as he got more excited, it was hilarious; it's as if those 2 think it's spring :lol:

All of mine are wide awake, even Rubio, who I thought would be asleep by now. So it's nice, as I'm still off work, so not too bored with all of them to play with & care for. Titan takes a lot of time with all his meds and supplements. He's just gone through a body shed but I think the YF is still with him, he sees the vet on Friday, so will have that checked on the new skin. I'm hopeful another bout of meds will kill this awful disease.

How's the bunny, Robin? You'll have to give an update. Venus is as beautiful as ever, guess she got her beauty rest.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I am keeping my fingers crossed for Titan to get rid of that yucky fungus. I am surprised to hear all your boys are still up, I would figure you would have a couple down.

Robin is doing well and getting more used to us.... man though he makes a mess and it is a pain to clean. I mainly think it is the type of cage that he in, it doesn't have any sides to keep in all the hay and food and such. After looking on craigslist everyday, i think I may have found him a cage. The one he is in now is 28 X18 and the one I am looking at is 46 X 24 so it is much larger.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
My boys all decided it was spring instead of winter and they're all still up, eating & active. In fact, now that Gabriel is in the living room and Didi is on the dining room table, they can see each other and spend the day trashing their tanks trying to get to each other. Rubio is in full view of Didi but couldn't care less, he just ignores him, which for Didi is the worst thing in the world, being ignored. Leo is always 1/2 asleep but won't bromate. Lonzo just moves around in his tank, he doesn't mind being on the ramp but won't move around much anymore, I think his back hurts him a lot. Poor guy is getting old, he's 10 1/2 now, but when he wants to get somewhere he gets there quick!

Titan's shed came off his head and part of his head is white, it's as if all the scales came off. So I covered his head with silver cream, supposed to be good for healing burns, so hope that will help. I've kept up with the meds for the fungus, he sees the vet on Friday to see if there is anything wrong with his new skin, as he just went through a body shed and I can't tell. It's taking forever to get to Friday to find out.

So even though I'm still off work, there's lots to do, I start back really short shifts 2/wk at 3 hrs each for the first week to see how I do. It'll be good to be at work, I'm not looking forward to the travelling, though, I go by public transport, an hour each way. I've gotten used to using my care since I've been off for 2 months!

It'll be good when Robin is in a bigger cage, too, will help out a lot.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well I have been MIA for a little while again. The semester ends for me on Tuesday so hopefully I will have some more time. Everyone is doing well. Finn is now over 250 grams, he is becoming a beast. Venus has kind of slipped back into her winter slow down and Robin has been getting out more to explore. Well here is a picture of Finn. He has such pretty happy colors!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad your semester is finishing so you have some time to yourself, well sort of, at least a rest from school for a bit. Finn is getting really big! Glad Robin is starting to explore, he must be feeling more comfy with you guys. And I guess it's slow down time. Didi just went into brumation, but I still have to get him up daily, as he had an abcess in his mouth that I'm treating and he still has two shots to take, plus daily Nolvadent (beardies don't like their mom poking qtips with meds on it into their mouths, did you know that? :lol: )

I'm still off work, I was just going back this week, the fatigue is finally starting to lift when I went to the physio about my sore left shoulder and she told me I have to take 3 more weeks to get the muscles relaxed, they're so tight that they're shifting my shoulder joint in the socket to the right, it's very painful. So now I don't go back to work until Dec 30! Plus I found out I will need surgery on my ankle but it could be a year before I see the surgeon, at least I know what's wrong now. I need to have a bit of cartilage removed & it will be better, plus physio on the ligament that's giving me issues. So 2014 is healing year and I can't wait to get back to normal.

Finn has such beautiful colours, how old is he now? He's going to just get more colourful as he gets older & he sure has made up time from being such a small baby!!

Have you looked at any more houses? Maybe in the new year? Hopefully you find something that you can afford, it would be great for you to be out of an apartment.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Poor Didi, I can only imagine having to put meds in the king of drama's mouth, lol. Finn will be a year old sometime in the end of February, it doesn't seem like I have had him that long. I remember I just couldn't leave him at the pet store. Robin does seem to be getting used to us, he is even being playful with the dogs but he is also very mischievous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom