Finn, Venus and Jupiter: New beardie baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro is my first bearded dragon and I brought him home on the 27th. He came from an individual that was not giving him the proper care: No uvb, feeding mealworms, sand, UTH instead of basking light, etc. They had been misinformed by a pet store employee (big surprise there). I wanted to start this thread so I and everyone else can watch Spyro as he grows.

About me: My name is Lindsey, I am 25 years old. I have a 6 year old daughter with Angelman Syndrome and she a happy little girl that teaches me something new everyday. I have a 4 year old boy named Garrett that shares my love of animals and he loves Spyro as much as I do. I have 3 dogs: Remington(Remi) is a 1 1/2 year old boxer, Tucker is my shihtzu mix, and the mighty Kujo, a toy poodle weighing in a 4.5 lbs. I also have 3 leopard geckos: Venus, Loki, and Thor. I am attending school full time to become a surgical tech. My life is chaotic, but that's the way I like it.

Now back to Spyro, this is the day I brought him home( I am sure a lot of you have seen these pics in the intro section, sorry I will have new ones up soon) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj7nq20v9w6su94/2012-12-27 16.40.01.jpg

His new home:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m94hjux9v2621v0/2012-12-28 20.31.56.jpg

A couple of him just being cute:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnrb0e1uzzj09y2/2012-12-28 10.18.35.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fenofusv6z8hmwz/2012-12-28 14.03.38.jpg

I will update every once in a while with new pictures. When I got him he was in shed.... and still is. I am getting impatient to see this guy brighten up!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I am going to talk with her again because a FHA loan should be 3.5% down, and she is wanting close to 10% down. I am not sure what is going on. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen. I am bummed but there are plenty of houses and I can look again once I am done with school

zandi202

BD.org Addict
6.5% difference. Holy cow that's a lot. I wonder if they're in a tight situation. Though they should be realistic in my opinion. Most people are in your position, Lindz, and cannot afford a 10% downpayment so it seems unrealistic. I hope they drop it for you.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Looks like definitely not going to get the house. It stinks but it's ok.

Well I may be crazy but it looks like I may be bringing in a rescue bunny.... I am such a sucker, he was going to be a meal for a snake and in horrible conditions.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
A bunny, that will be different for you. Here's to getting a bunny back in good shape. Food for a snake, poor bunny, glad you found him.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I really do not need to be bringing in another animal but I can't turn him down. I am a sucker for all animals, I had a rabbit as a kid and I was responsible for his care so I remember some of the care requirements and I have been researching the rest. I found a used cage on craigslist and will be using the pink stuff from bd.co to clean it and then I am making a run to the pet store to get the bare essentials for now... bedding, litter box, food blend, timothy hay and a water bottle. In a week or 2 when I have a bit more money I will get him some salt and mineral blocks and some chew toys.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well the new guy is home. He will need a bigger cage as soon as I can afford it. He is a bit bigger than I expected, he is such a sweet heart. I need help with a name, preferably something in the comic/superhero category.
Pictures of the new guy!

He is one stressed out bunny

Finn pouting at me "What in the world did youz bring home?'

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Hmm... Names, names names...

by the way I absolutely love that bunny!

Names:
All I could think of was Mocha because of his coloring.
If I think of anything else, I’ll post. :)

(Been a long time lurker of your thread. I love Finn. :blob5:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":13caqr82 said:
Awww, pretty bunny, but Finn definitely doesn't look impressed. Will have to think of names.
No he is not impressed at all, he watched me get the cage ready and when I brought the bunny home he started pouting and hasn't stopped despite me giving him 2 nibbles of banana.

hoopyscoop":13caqr82 said:
Hmm... Names, names names...

by the way I absolutely love that bunny!

Names:
All I could think of was Mocha because of his coloring.
If I think of anything else, I’ll post. :)

(Been a long time lurker of your thread. I love Finn. :blob5:
Thanks for following the thread, and thanks for the name suggestion, all me and my son can come up with is Stark, and Joker.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I like Stark. He seems like he could be a player. :lol: Seems a little too serious to be the Joker. Harvey for Harvey Dent or Bruce. Hope those help.

Finn sure is getting big!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
zandi202":12twusrl said:
I like Stark. He seems like he could be a player. :lol: Seems a little too serious to be the Joker. Harvey for Harvey Dent or Bruce. Hope those help.

Finn sure is getting big!
I am just not sure on the name yet... I am going to have to take all the suggestions into consideration, nothing has just jumped out at me yet. I would like something of a hero or mythological background, I kind of like Jupiter.
ohsmileb":12twusrl said:
Aaaaaawww bunny!!! How cute!!! And Finn ! Holy cow I haven't been on your thread in a long time, he looks great! :D
It's good to hear from you again, the bunny is a rescue that was supposed to be the main course for a large snake and I just couldn't allow it. He was too cute... He doesn't look it in the pics but he is a little thin, but he has been eating timothy hay and pellets, I gave him a bunch of fresh veggies but he doesn't seem to want them.
Finn is a scaly vacuum cleaner that eats everything in sight.

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
i just adore bunnies. i adopted a one eared rabbit that was going to be snake food when i was in highschool. he was the sweetest boy. i guess he was born with a nub for an ear on one side! as for the name, i'm a sucker for perses because he's my favorite. (greek mythology!) it seems kind of fitting for him too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom