Fight the silence!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
My only suggestion for the Facebook page would be that if you want people to take it seriously you should spell check and correct the grammar. I don't mean to be rude or anything...I just think it would seem more legitimate that way.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
And maybe it would be a good idea to not tie the Facebook page to this forum. Make it, the blog, and the petition separate. I don't know exactly why...but I feel like it seems more professional that way. You know, if "Fight the Silence" has its own identity and isn't connect to something else.

ReptileAddiction

Hatchling Member
I will call news stations. I live in southern california and californians are extremely laid back, nice people so I am sure I can convince someone LOL. I can also most likely get us a HUGE supporter......lllreptile. They are by far the largest store in the WORLD. They sell to everyone in the world. If we merely got them to put up a banner on there website that would give us at least another 1,000 supporters. And maybe they will put an article in their new magazine "reptile times" and I might also be able to get "REPTILES" illustrated to do an article on it. I think starting an email for the original people in charge of this is a great idea. I also have another number of social media ways to get this out. Hopefully a couple of people from that one forum will be able to make a difference in the lives of billions of reptiles. :D

Hey, for the blog and all that, I know the title will be Fight the Silence, but what will the user name thingy be? Same as title, or different? How about team beardie? Yah, I know. Cheeseball. :?

ReptileAddiction

Hatchling Member
We need to make it clear what we want. Is it making petstores have regulations? I have no idea what we are trying to accomplish here. Should I call the places I mentioned in my last post?

Sure. And yah. We, at least I, want to have regulations for animal care in pet stores. Especially mall pet stores. Those are AWEFUL! I'd also like to use this to educate people on how they should care for their animals.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
i figured it out are facebook page picture will be whoever wins the contest it will be great and let peoiple now that we r starting this u guys okay with this

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
This is what I've been sending to local and national news stations. I doubt they'll listen though.. :?

"Im not sure if this will even be read, or if the reader will even care, but this is something very important to me and many other people. It may not seem all that important, or seem to warrant the attention of CNN, but I honestly can not fathom how it goes unnoticed. Im talking about the treatment (or cruelty) to animals that takes place in chain pet stores. Establishments such as Petco and PetsMart have absolutely no regard to the animals under their care. They also don't give a second thought to passing on misinformation to uninformed costumers looking for a new pet. This results in bad quality of life for the animals, and eventually, death. It starts in the stores... too many animals, especially reptiles, to an enclosure. They attack one another resulting in missing digits and nipped tails that could cause serious infection. They are not fed properly, getting food that is much to big to eat, and food that is not nutritionally correct. This causes starvation and dehydration, resulting in skinny, malnourished animals. These same animals are also extremely young. What chance at life do they have with such disturbing beginnings? I've seen dead and dying animals in numerous pet stores who boast how they care about the animals! "Petco, where the pets go"? Seems more like where they go to die...and not fast and painless either. The reptiles aren't provided with proper lighting. The accurate UVB output is minimal, if existent at all. This causes lack of appetite, lethargy, and calcium deficiency, which leads to metabolic bone disease; a dilapidating curse of an illness. These animals, being only weeks old, are destined for sickness and mistreatment at the hands of pet store employees and the owners who were misinformed by them. I can not understand why there are no regulations that demand standards in stores. Who will protect these animals? When has cruelty to animals become legal, and why should ANY animal be overlooked. There is no such thing as a "disposable pet"! Every animal should have its rights and it's disgusting that these conditions are being allowed to continue. Please, if you care at all about the wellbeing of the helpless...the creatures who have no means to speak up, be their voice! Share their story and bring the much needed attention to these over looked animals. Please, end their suffering."

sound ok?

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
that sounds amazing katie bravo bravo really that was a really well written letter if they turn that down this world must be really sick

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Thanks. :) I tried to make it sound as serious as I could so that hopefully it will catch somebody's attention...I really hope someone listens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom