females not wanting to breed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnynsmokey

My husband and I are new to the breeding business. We got some beardies from another breeder. We have been trying mate the one male to these 2 females without any success. A third female has already been euthanized due to egg binding/loss of weight/liver damage and we only had her a month.
I've had bearded dragons for 9 years before starting this and love them dearly and when we decided to start the business did a little research. I am not sure what to do with these females as the male tries sooooo hard. We have introduced one female 3 times and she has rejected him running away. He is 2 and she is 23 months.

Trajega

Hatchling Member
While trying to get my two to breed I had the same problems. It took three weeks to get them to mate putting them together for a few hours once or twice a week. I went through various groups / threads / forums trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. The best I got is both males and females seem to have mojo swings. You just have to keep putting them together than separating them, make sure they show no signs of stress then re-introduce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom