Female beardie 1 yrs old peed or pooped something weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanybeauty1

Hatchling Member
IMAG0423-2.jpg

IMAG0422.jpg

Can you please tell me what this is? This does not look the same as the infertile eggs my other female laid a while ago but there was a yellow fluid that did come out of the middle of it when I squeezed it a little. She is digging alllll around her viv and acting like my other female did but she passed this one then went and ate and then went back to digging. My other female died a week after she laid eggs and the vet said it was because laying the eggs stressed her out too much. I"m so worried! Can anyone tell me if this is indeed an egg and if so is it normal to lay one then run around?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, that's definitely a dried up egg. You should set up a nest box for her, be sure to give extra calcium. I'm sorry that your last girl died after laying, I've never lost a dragon after laying [ Just to put your mind at ease] it's completely natural and in most cases is harmless, don't worry too much !

thanybeauty1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What is the substrate used for the laying box? How would I know if the eggs are stuck in her? If my vet wasnt over an hr away I'd just take her but I just cant get there today. Is it normal to lay one and then wait to lay more?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can use play sand from any garden center, or eco earth coco fiber from pet store, or plain top soil or peat moss or a combo of any of these. Put about 8 - 12 " in a plastic tote, wet it down , use warm water, otherwise it will be really cold to her.Get it to the consistency of cookie dough, damp, but not so you could feel water. You can start a tunnel yourself, she should do the rest. For now if you need to go out to get the material,until you get the box set up, put a large piece of newspaper over her, if she is ready to lay and in distress, she may feel covered enough by the paper to just lay them. She has dropped one now because she's ready.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! By the way, that egg could have been layed more than a day ago, it is already dried up, so she should really be ready.Some of my females have done the same thing. By the way, there's an excellent tutorial in the " Breeding " section , I think Rio Reptiles wrote it,on what to do if your dragon lays eggs, it gives you step by step instructions. If your girl wasn't with a male, you won't need the majority of the info, but it's there if you want to take a look.

thanybeauty1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She laid 27 eggs yesterday but not in the box I made for her. She laid them under her log. Is it normal for her to still be walking with her hind legs more spread out than normal? It's almost like she's a little swollen and sore? I imagine it must be uncomfy laying 27 eggs. She is eating fine though and appears to still her sweet same self.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh wow, I was going to see how things worked out ! That's a fair sized clutch and it's great if she's eating already. Right now, be sure to give extra calcium and let her eat all she wants. A good, shallow warm soak will help hydrate her. The way she's walking could be because she may still have an egg or 2 left to drop, that happens from time to time, but she may just walk a little funny for a day or so. I've never particularly noticed that in my girls. Funny how she ended up laying under the log. I'm glad it all worked out !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom