Fecal tests, how long should it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sangheili

Hatchling Member
How long does it usually take for a fecal float test to come back with results?

I took in a fecal sample to my vet on the 1st of October and the lady there said I should have a phone call on my cell phone within a few days with the results.
I haven't gotten the results, but I HAVE gotten the bill. They charged me for TWO tests, a float and a smear, when I very, very, very, VERY, clearly said only the float test, because that was the only one I could afford at the time. $70 bill, more than half of that was the smear test that I did not want done.

Has this happened to anyone else, or just me?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Hmmm... Thats weird. My vet always calls me to give me the results about an hour after I bring the "sample" in :|
Id call them back and see if they forgot to call you or something

Livey

Extreme Poster
Mine normally take about a week, to send to the lab and then the results .. but i don't normally get the bill then the results lol normally the other way around...

Ours can be done while we wait if our beardies are with us, if we just drop off might be a day but would still be less than 24 hrs. Wow $70 seems a bit high. Also waiting longer you run the risk of them getting an accurate test result back. They moment the poo is out of them the stuff there looking for starts to die ... not good.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Here we get them while we wait. The vet goes and does them, then comes and examines the BD some more, goes for the results and gives treatment immediately if needed. Cant beleive yours has been 17 days already

Sangheili

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Still haven't gotten a reply from them, I've tried calling but no one answers :/
I'll be going in personally tomorrow, cant today because of classes.

Sangheili

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's been a month. They claim they have tried to call me many times and left voicemails, but I have gotten NOTHING of the sort.
They say he has bacteria, but they wouldn't tell me what kind.

I need to know what antibiotics are safe for Beardies x-x

NavyxWife

Hatchling Member
I get mine the same day... for all my animals.
As for the bill, you take that up with them. You specifically told them you didn't want it done, they messed up, you shouldn't have to pay. I'd fight it :)

Seiryu

Hatchling Member
Sounds like they have wrong contact information, or they kept calling someone else instead of you. Or they lied completely and never tried to call.

That would be quite scary to wait a month without any word from them. Not a vet I would go back to. When I go, they do the fecal right there and are done within 15 minutes. Fecals are very quick.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I would contact drache613 (Tracie) she knows a lot about beardie meds. You have the right to know what bacteria he has and have a copy of the test results, especially since you paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom