Exo Terra Light Dimming System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
Anyone ever used this? I bought a Utilitech Shop light to mount my 24" bulbs in Toothless enclosure, But this would allow me to streamline them higher in the tank.
51smPpOEaML.jpg

Mike

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
I use the regular non-lightcycle version of that fixture, and its great. The light cycle feature is mainly a gimmick, and not worth the extra cost over the standard version. Make sure to buy the version that most closely matches the wattage of your bulb. IIRC, these fixtures come in 20w, 30w, and 40w varieties and work with either T-8 or T-12 bulbs. You need to have both bulb locations filled however, as it won't work with only one bulb installed. So use one UV tube, and another standard non-uv tube for extra brightness.

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
The dimming effect is honestly somewhat minimal on the fluorescent tubes, but the unit you pictured does dim the lights somewhat when turning them on and off.

The regular light cycle unit may meet your needs somewhat better, as BadCon suggested.

-Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom