Escaped Hornworm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
So, I am having a little trouble with my hornworms right now. Trying so hard to manage a good supply for my dragons, but I have too many fatties or I have none that are big enough. It's just exhausting and I am really looking forward to the day when I have the hang of this.

As I was cleaning things out tonight, I was concerned about some of the worms. Pretty sure they are getting ready to pupate. Can see the black line down their back. Not eating. Wandering around. Oh, heck... So, I decided to see if I can get them to pupate. I mean, too many to feed my dragons and I want to breed them anyway, so why not, right?

There were four that I felt pretty confident about, so I wet a paper towel, wrapped them up and put them in a small round tupperware (each one done individually). I put the containers in my bug room and my son and I left for about 3 hours. When I came home, there is a hornworm crawling on the kitchen floor. Ugh. I figured that one got loose while I was cleaning and dealing with stuff earlier. Just to be safe, though, I checked the cups with the paper towels. And one had escaped! Ate his way out and it apparentely took about 3 hours to make it through two rooms of my house.

Guess he wasn't ready to pupate after all, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom