End of tail black and drying up

Status
Not open for further replies.

lboelsche

I have a 5 month old bearded dragon. He is 11 inches long. He just shed and now I notice that the end of his tail has turned black, and is shrivled up hard. The tail gets dark about 3 inches from the end but the only last inch is hard. Any ideas.

He has a UVA/UVB lightbulb, a red heat light, and a basking light. The highest temp in cage is 95-100. The coolest is 80.

His diet consists of kale, collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, cantalope, mango, carrots, zuccini, small crickets, and small meal worms.

I also dust the crickets in a multi-vitamin and calcium dust.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Please post a picture. It could be tail rot or retained shed or something else. Also, you might want to raise the basking spot temperature. Do you have a digital thermometer?

Meal worms may not be a good idea for food. There is a lot of shell and not a whole lot of meat. They can also cause impaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom