End of tail black and drying up

Status
Not open for further replies.

lboelsche

I have a 5 month old bearded dragon. He is 11 inches long. He just shed and now I notice that the end of his tail has turned black, and is shrivled up hard. The tail gets dark about 3 inches from the end but the only last inch is hard. Any ideas.

He has a UVA/UVB lightbulb, a red heat light, and a basking light. The highest temp in cage is 95-100. The coolest is 80.

His diet consists of kale, collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, cantalope, mango, carrots, zuccini, small crickets, and small meal worms.

I also dust the crickets in a multi-vitamin and calcium dust.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Please post a picture. It could be tail rot or retained shed or something else. Also, you might want to raise the basking spot temperature. Do you have a digital thermometer?

Meal worms may not be a good idea for food. There is a lot of shell and not a whole lot of meat. They can also cause impaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom