Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
morphmom":1n98umbd said:
Oh, dear. :( Here's my concern. It feels like you're upgrading because your forum members are concerned and not because you really want to. I feel this way because he should have been upgraded a long dang time ago. Free range BD's don't get the proper temps or UVB unless you have lights set up everywhere which can be a potential fire hazzard. It is also hard to control the temps as the space is much bigger, so the temps change with the temps of the home/room. I know money is tight. I don't want to attack you, but in all honesty, I've sold things in my home and used B-days, mother's days, and a good portion of past Christmas's to make sure my non-human babes are cared for. I wouldn't have them if I couldn't provide.

No, I'm upgrading for my Nim, not because you guys are wanting me to. And I said semi free range. That basically means that he will be out most of the time. See, he will still have his cage for digesting his food and sleeping. But in between Nim's breakfast and dinner he will be out in my room. if he gets cold there will be a desk lamp that he can warm himself under. The floor will have nice soft carpeting, the walls will be partially climbable and there will be a cat tower. Of course, silly me, I forgot about the UVB problem. Maybe we'll just buy a 40 gallon once we move. Thanks for reminding me about the UVB, and I thought I had it all planned out.

morphmom":1n98umbd said:
I know your young, but have you thought about dog walking or grass mowing?

Oh, I wish I could do that. But we live in the freaking middle of nowhere. Once we move, which will probably be close to people, I will look for small jobs like that.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Tonja":2z29uhxz said:
I know it hurts when you cant do what you want. Been there and done that and doing it again. it will get worse and I mean a lot worse money wise when these taxes take hold. When I say everyone just about will get a half paycheck I mean just that..thats how bad these taxes will hit us. I know all to well limitations dictated by finances and Im not attacking, but you have said over and over Nim needs to move to the 20 gal. This started in Oct. I cant say I know what ADHD is like but I do know what lupus is like...pain everyday that you could not imagine, throwing up every day of your life, losing your hair, joints that do what they want and not what you want them to do, rashes that hurt to have even a sheet touch you. We all go through things, but sometimes you have to think of others less fortunate or helpless than you are yourself. I dont want to get up every morning at 8 am to have them fed at 9 and bathed by 9:30 it hurts to much sometimes, takes me about 15 mins every morning just to get my mouth open its so stuck shut with dryness. There are days i dont eat even though I am supposed to so my babies can all eat. My animals dont have everything I wanna give them but what they do have allows them to move easily and eat well every day even if it means I dont. I go to bed sometimes at night crying cause of it. In the days ahead..bills will go astronomical and money will be less and less. I dont know what anyone will be able to do. Its a wait and see.

Wow, ADHD is nothing compared to what you go through. I basically just get bored and distracted easily. I am also one hell of a procrastinator. I think I have been procrastinating Nim's upgrade because I know it will be hard. I need to do measuring, and other stuff I hate to do. I haven't even washed the darned cage and brought it up from the basement. And also, mom and I's plans and different. I think about doing one thing, but the thing she wants to do comes first. And finally, mom has agreed with me about Nim's tiny tank. For months she hasn't, which is part of my laziness. Because I think, "Well, if mom think he's okay, then he must be." And when I do say I will upgrade, most of them are empty words just to get you off my back. Because I think that he's okay in such a small tank, mom thinks so too. But we don't anymore. And these words, I PROMISE you, are not empty. I won't log on tomorrow, not until my task is complete. And then, once I am finished with that, I will hop onto Craigslist and see what deals there are.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yeah its pretty bad sometimes. Just once I would love to stay in bed to know what its like, or to say I am to lazy today to do this or that. I start my day at 8 am and dont really sit down for the night till about 8-9 pm. Meals to fix for hubby, animals have to be fed, cages cleaned, yard cleaned up of doggy stuff, hubby cant do it, he has to much nerve damage from a accident while in the Navy. it all pretty much rests on my shoulders. He works all day and by the time he gets home, takes his meds and eats, hes out for the count. i told my daughter with her first puppy, this is your child, think how you want to be treated as a child and treat your puppy the same way or we can find someone who will. She babied him and fed him and cleaned up after him with help but PJ was her pup her responsibility with my help. When the novelty of the puppy wore off, i took care of her. My daughter was 6 and thought she could handle it, I knew she couldnt but got a taste of what it was like. I didnt get rid of the pup, she died in her bed of old age. As an adult we have to assume or resume the responsibility of animal care and if we dont its abuse and cruelty to the animal.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
The novelty hasn't worn off. Once I got rid of that bleeping reptile carpet and got paper towel I clean Nim's cage every time he goes. I am NOT an animal abuser either, I don't have the heart for such a thing. And also, I am not getting fun things while Nim sits in a tiny cage. For weeks, (and I hate to say this in a public forum, but I think I have to) I had only two pair of underwear because we didn't have the money. We get our food from pantries most of the time. I have lost tons of weight from having little to no food. I am done now, maybe I will see you all on the day after tomorrow. So good bye, see you Monday with good news.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
I'm shocked at you people. How can you go a publicly embaress her!? I understand where she's coming from. She doesn't have the money! I understand that you're concerned about Nim's wellfare, but I have no respect for people who can say things like this about somebody. You guys hurt her badly. She's no animal abuser. If this is the way we're going to treat eachother on this forum than I'm leaving. :twisted:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I agree with you, noelerhard. Some people don't understand that when you don't have very much money you can't buy what is necessary and to just get rid of your animal kids isn't or shouldn't be an option. We make sure our girls get the food they need but if we had to go out and buy a bigger tank for them we couldn't do it, even when a sale is on.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
noelerhard":34t6gvrh said:
I'm shocked at you people. How can you go a publicly embaress her!? I understand where she's coming from. She doesn't have the money! I understand that you're concerned about Nim's wellfare, but I have no respect for people who can say things like this about somebody. You guys hurt her badly. She's no animal abuser. If this is the way we're going to treat eachother on this forum than I'm leaving. :twisted:
beardie parents":34t6gvrh said:
I agree with you, noelerhard. Some people don't understand that when you don't have very much money you can't buy what is necessary and to just get rid of your animal kids isn't or shouldn't be an option. We make sure our girls get the food they need but if we had to go out and buy a bigger tank for them we couldn't do it, even when a sale is on.

Thank you guys. I thought I wouldn't have any friends left from what happened last night. I made a post on Nim's thread, here is the link to the page that it's on. It says all that I want to say.
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=170877&start=1050

morphmom

BD.org Addict
noelerhard":1iml5x1r said:
I'm shocked at you people.
I'm going to presume that I am one of "you people" (or, This would not be pluralized). So, lets start from the beginning and try to muddle through this.
I did not know who had a BD in a 10gal tank until TheWerewolf announced herself. Therefore, my comments were not personal. If my comments were not personal, then I couldn't have tried to embaress anyone. 10gals, even 20gals is not an appropriate size for a bearded dragon. This site is one of our resources that tells us it's not. My comments were non bias.
I do however believe that if you can't afford to have something, then you shouldn't have it. This applies to the animate and inanimate alike. This is a generalization of my personal views in regards to all aspects of life. In short, no. I don't understand.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
morphmom":1c8plxex said:
noelerhard":1c8plxex said:
I'm shocked at you people.
I'm going to presume that I am one of "you people" (or, This would not be pluralized). So, lets start from the beginning and try to muddle through this.
I did not know who had a BD in a 10gal tank until TheWerewolf announced herself. Therefore, my comments were not personal. If my comments were not personal, then I couldn't have tried to embaress anyone. 10gals, even 20gals is not an appropriate size for a bearded dragon. This site is one of our resources that tells us it's not. My comments were non bias.
I do however believe that if you can't afford to have something, then you shouldn't have it. This applies to the animate and inanimate alike. This is a generalization of my personal views in regards to all aspects of life. In short, no. I don't understand.

You aren't the only person. And I do understand where you're coming from, but I also see where Werewolf is coming from. She loves Nim and couldn't bare to part with her. Nim looks happy and healthy and Werewolf is doing her best. I'm sure hard times will pass. Along with the arguing. The main reason I was upset is because people were publicly confronting her. When they found out it was her they could of PMed her. It was unneccesary to do it on a thread.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I do agree with PM-ing I can't argue. However, werewolf named herself. Perhaps she should have PM'd instead. This is Geico and Emily's thread. I'd be very upset if something like this was on Myah's thread. That's just honest. You can't announce yourself publically, then be upset when you are responded to publically. Especially when the topic is negative to begin with. I take no issue with anyone here however I feel this thread was misused.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
I agree. Let's all make an agreement to let this go and try to move on. I don't like to hear everyone bickering like this. I refuse to talk about it any more.

I really hate to post this on Tonja's post, but I didn't start it. I didn't get My Dragon from a Pet Store, but I think they are there just to get animals and items sold. Some of the people that work there are truly interested in making the pets the happiest in their new homes. I'm not sure if they are telling the people how much of a cost these pets will need. I have been looking at pictures on here and it boggles my mind how fast these lizards grow (about three months after bringing them home from the pet store they are huge, not a tiny little lizard any more) and they grow fairly big. Twenty inches is not a small lizard. From what I have been reading, Pet Stores are not giving the right information on the size of a tank nor the lighting that is required, not to mention how much they eat in the first year and half of their life. The people that I got mine from found out that when you are pregnant you are not suppose to be around them.

On the size: Mine is 14" at 11 months. I thought he just had gotten to that size, but by the pictures that people have been posting on here, that happened about three months after bringing them home from the pet store, well maybe a little longer than that, but these guys grow FAST. I know that most puppies grow to their adult size in one year and that is basically the same with a lizard (I think). The difference is that Lizards are not as well known as Dogs. Lizards look cute in stores in tiny cages and you just assume they are going to stay that size.

When I got My Dragon, everything in his cage looked too small for him. My initial thought was that this was their baby and he grew up and they were still seeing him as little, where when I first seen him he was big and I knew he was not finished growing. Then I went to the Pet Store and seen the babies and they are sooo tiny and so cute, so it made more of an impression in my mind where they were coming from. When I came on here and seen the pictures, it amazed me at the pictures of when they first brought a dragon home and then in three months the pictures of how it had grown.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I understand DragonCleopatra. There are 100's of "rant posts" about pet stores and the information they provide. It is up to responsible owners to do their research.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
First of all I mentioned no names whatsoever...if anyone wanted to name themselves that is on them. I stated how I felt without naming anyone..thewerewolf named herself..if you cant take care of something dont have it plain and simple...wanna rant do it on your own thread and not mine...I posted on mine without naming ANYONE..YOU ALL ARE JUST AS GUILTY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom