Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Took about 2 weeks to make the crypt and crying lady..the nun and priest about a full day and the swing took a couple of hours. So the longest was the crypt and woman that lays across the top of it. On to other things. On to my pet peeve rant of the day. Part of taking on a pet is taking on the responsibility of all aspects of that pets care. No matter how tedious or monotonous that care gets. it's something that is vital to the health and well being of the pet. A person gets sick you go to the dr. to be checked out. An animal gets sick, hopefully they are able to see a vet and I can see circumstances preventing this from happening right away. Part of the responsibility is to keep that animal clean and not let waste and food stuffs build up in its living area so badly that its visible for all to see, it shouldn't happen at all. People would not live in thier own waste so why make an animal. They have no say in how they are treated or in how they are made to live. It's irresponsible, laziness. and a pure lack of common sense to make any living creature to live in it's own waste. Those that make an animal live like this do not deserve to have a pet, they arent mature enough or have enough common sense to truely take on the responsiblity of pet ownership. Most, if not all animals choose to sleep and eat in places where they do not leave waste products and its for a reason they do this. In certain cases, especially where parasites are a concern, allowing an animal to live in filth creates a vicious cycle of parasites, they are excreted and reingested yet nothing is done to help prevent this. Why? Because the owner is to lazy or just doesnt care, which the latter seems to be the case, to clean up after thier animal. Loving a pet is caring for it in all aspects no matter what. Also changing the natural cycle/rhythm of an animal, keeping it nocturnal when its dinural is wrong. Animals need to be kept to as close to their day/night instincts/cycles as humanly possible. The circadian cycle should not be altered if at all possible. Doing so just messes with the hormones that determine the natural cycle or rhythm of the animal. It's just a lack of care or laziness to change or try to alter the natural rhythm of an animal to suit your needs or your laziness to get up and properly care of the animal. I will never understand how anyone can treat an animal so poorly, its downright pitiful and I really feel sorry for the animal. Putting on a show, of oh look at me I love my animal oh so much, its just the best thing and he loves me, is not love, its putting on a show and nothing more. Oh my pet loves me and clings to me is not love, it's a pleading for you to clean up after it and give it a better living environment, it's a begging for it's basic needs to be met. Owning an amimal is a full time responsibility. not meant for everyone, Animals deserve better care than to live in filth and their own waste or to even walk around in the waste of other animals and taste it, It's disgusting how some animals are made to live. Can't care for an animal, give it to someone who will. Some pet owners need to assume responsibility and stop makiing excuses, one excuse after another and are encouraged in their behavior and its the animal that suffers for it, It's disgraceful and disgusting and endangering the health and well being of the animal and nothing more and we won't even get into the nutrtional care of the animal, it's far to disgusting. End of my rant on my pet peeve.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my Tonya, something must have happened or you checked out Craig's list? I absolutely agree with every word you said. If you could have seen Gabriel before I brought him home you would have been appalled. He was skinny, full of parasites, covered in sand, so very dirty you couldn't tell what colour he was. I was so glad I found him to be able to show him a completely different life. So wish others would see what you said & it would make a big difference. All you have to do is look at the rescue forum on here or the rescue forum on Facebook to see what people can do to animals. There is a young man on this forum who took in a little dragon who he named Christine, she was used for breeding, had never had a bath, and wasn't sure how to handle the good care he's giving her. She's full of parasites, having difficulty eating and is up and down with her moods. He's given her 12 baths in a week and is starting to see some colour come through. The people that owned her had 3 other dragons that were well taken care of, yet she never had a basking light or UVB. It's sad but now that she's getting good care, she's confused. I was hoping he'd call Animal Control on these people, not sure if he did that. I know of alot of people on this and other sites that have rescued dragons & other animals in the most appaling conditions, but it's wonderful to take in a rescue & bring them back to good health, letting them finally trust someone & know complete love.
Thanks for your thoughts Tonya, they're my thoughts, too. Makes us enjoy our babies more knowing they have a wonderful home & are loved :love5:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Started at 9 am and just got to sit down for a few minutes. Got my babies up, fed Emily breakfast and gave her some water, then bathed her and she pooed. Put her back in her viv, and got Geico out, fed him his breakfast and put him in his viv. Took out all the fresh salad fixings <endive hearts, mustard greens, collards, turnip greens, bok choy, red pepper a bit of carrot, apple, a bit of cucumber and squash> broke out thier food processor and chopped everything and made their fresh salad for the week. Gave them some < also put some in breakfast slurries> and bathed Geico and let him poo. Now both have fresh salads, and are happily basking. Lunch is 2 pm of dubias then supper about 5 pm and lights out at 8 pm. Both are the creamiest white telling me their bellies are full and they are fat and happy. Geico got weights...186 grams so hes growing like the little weed he is. Emily is 24 grams.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I've seen some horrendous craigs listings for dragons, its appalling how anyone could let an animal go, especially when they themselves claim they are to lazy to do anything. My animals would get fed before me or hubby if it came down to it or they would go to homes that could feed and care for them properly. My animals want for nothing all 4 of them. No animal places itself in the conditions some are forced to live in and they cannot be happy or healthy. The blame and fault falls on the owner not the animal, the animal is innocent in it all.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Lunch is over for Geico and Emily. Fed the dubia bits of apple, green stalks and leaves, cucumber, pepper bits and squash. Superworms got carrot and squash. So now everything is fed and happy...bins are clean.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I hear ya Tonja. If you can't care for them, then you shouldn't have them. Period! Bunch of ______'s (cuss word)! It's bad here in Canada. It's just "normal" to trade your BD for a Skink, for a bird, for a fish and then back again. It's heart breaking. I wouldn't trade Myah for ANYTHING, just like I know you wouldn't trade your BD babies for the world. *Shakes Fist at Society!* :angry5:
On a happier note we have our babes and BD.org so life for us, and our animals is good :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
OMG! Who could do that?! these poor things...I would NEVER trade my grumpy old man chances with that (if I had to) I would make sure the person
can ACTUALLY take care of him instead of bringing him to their house and say "here is a dragon lets let him sleep all the time and never feed or
bathe him...he can just lie there" one problem with never bathe...he won't poo so he needs a bath...I could never do that.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
You would be surprised! I am actually apalled and saddened any living creature lives in filth.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Tonja":alrj280c said:
You would be surprised! I am actually apalled and saddened any living creature lives in filth.
It's not just the filth, it's the lack of necessities, like proper food, heating, lighting, even substrate. It's the laziness. Not wanting to clean a viv, even if that just means switching to news paper, or paper towel or getting off of your uninspired butt and bathing the family member that they chose! It's sad because having something and loving something, isn't the same as caring for something. Caring takes effort. Anyone who chooses not to put in the effort can't tell me how much they care.
My rant for the day (Same as Tonja's, shorter version) :mrgreen:

P.S. we all know Vash is loved and cared for :wink:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The novelty wears off and it gets to be a chore, so the animal suffers for it. Give it to someone that will care and keep it clean. It shows they dont care one iota but to have a novelty dragon that the care has worn off of. Poor animal I really feel sorry for it as it does not have a say about how it lives. Yep Vash doesnt live in the filth ive seen..and hes cared for..its not just a false facade you are putting up,,its genuine and it shows in Vash's care! My roaches and superworms get better care than what I have seen

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Poor Emily can't get a break, her tail is about to shed again..its turning dull and greyish. We must be doing something right..this will be her 3rd shed since Ive had her. Shes gonna be miserable again poor baby. they had worms for dinner..Emily loves her silkworms and so does Geico

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Tonja":xuc9941e said:
Emily loves her silkworms and so does Geico
Oh yes, the silk worm! :D Myah just loves those pricy things! LOL! :lol: And ofcourse, I buy them just to make her happy :roll: They're just like kids! I swear, if they could, they'd jump up and down yelling "Please mommy!" "Can I have it!?" "Can I?" "Can I!?" LOL! :laughing6:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I think they do in secret..I believe there is a beardie secret society where they all get together in covert operations to plan and conive so we bow down to their every whim and wish. Then they each carry out a part of the plan and if they dont get what they want they go to plan B and scare us into submission lol.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
expecting snow thursday and friday..just great...when trying to get my yard done. I am praying it bypasses us! As it is I am sick as a dog..cant keep anything down including my anger at this weather, should have known lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom