easy-care feeder advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

starlake

I have been raising mealworms for my beardie for over a year. They are extremely easy to take care of, and Pogona seems to love them. I have heard that they can cause impaction, and I have seen partially-digested mealworms in her poop, so I'm thinking about switching to another feeder that is healthier for her but still easy to take care of. Any suggestions?

starlake

Original Poster
I've gotten word that Phoenix Worms are the best. Sorry, my landlord doesn't want roaches in my apartment. How do you raise & breed PW's?

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
what the land lord doesnt know wont hurt em! lol! jkjk. thats too bad. cuz roaches seem to be the easiest ever. did your land lord let you have millies? lol! good luck finding an alternative..

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I think PWs are one of the hardest to breed. I certainly wouldn't want flies in my house!

You may consider Super Worms to replace the meal worms. The shells are what makes mealies not such great feeders..

You must have a closer relationship with your landlord than most.. my landlord never says a word about our pets, and I KNOW he's seen them. He supervises the bug spray guy and that guy stays away from my animals and especially my cricket tank. When/If I get a roach colony, there will be no reason for him, or any of my neighbors for that matter, to know about them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom