Dying Lizard :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggerz

Original Poster
beardie osk":c1373 said:
Oh, he's becoming so active and alive again, great job! Yes, the papertowel will be better, the shells also have a fine brown substance that's barely seen but airborne, that gets in eyes, mouth, nose,etc, so I'll be good when it's gone. (I'm going to stop now, promise,) :silent:

You might want to try giving him some fluids first with the dropper, since he seems like he wants to lick, so cute. I see that he's more active, so be careful, it'll only take him a second to jump off the table, :roll: (I know you know that) :silent: ............shows he's feeling better. :blob5: :blob8:

I usually give him water or pedialyte (whichever is easiest to get at that time) after I wash his eye. The saline HAS to taste terrible. :bleick:
Oh, yes. I never leave him on the table alone. If I have to get up, I have someone watch him or I take him with me. I learned not to leave them alone because Africa ran off a table (lso jumped out of my hands, lap, & bed :| )
Is he allowed to eat any kind of fruit/vegetable?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Your welcome,
One of the favorites amongst our beardies is summer squash, any squash actually, not cooked and shredded, green peppers, of course, mustard and collard greens, escarole, etc.......I could keep going. I've printed off that list, hightlighted the "staples" and then taken that list with me when shopping. Sometimes I think that my beardies eat better than I do. :lol:

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Just as an FYI, I got Sydney's carpet (astroturf) at Lowe's. I bought like 5 square feet and it cost me like 5 bucks. I had enough carpet for Syd and my frog tank plus an extra set for each tank when I change it out and I still have more left over. When you get it, just wash it in very hot water and let it dry. Then all you have to do is wash it in the tub and let dry. It's really quick, easy and cheaper than having to replace substrate all the time. Not to mention, you don't have to worry about impaction issues. As for feeding, my Sydney has MBD (metabolic bone disease) and sometimes she can't catch the crickets. I chase the crickets around the tank first, then pick them up by the back legs with tweezers. When I dangle them in front of her, she can't resist. Other members on here said you could pull the back legs off the crix so they can't escape as fast. My Syd is spoiled so she likes me to hand feed them to her. They all get us whipped don't they? :roll:

daggerz

Original Poster
MelissaGray":96038 said:
My Syd is spoiled so she likes me to hand feed them to her. They all get us whipped don't they? :roll:

Hahaha, how cute!

I found his bowl that we used to put worms in and gave him some mealworms (his favorite). He ate 5 of them. And I didn't have to hand feed him! :)
How do I get him to catch crickets again?

daggerz

Original Poster
I stopped hand feeding him because he was catching crickets by himself, but it seems like he's gotten thinner.
Also, his tail is looking weird. It's turning yellow in one place. Is it what you call tail rot or is it normal?

daggerz

Original Poster
Here's underneath the tail:
DSC08484.jpg

DSC08486.jpg

Here's the top side of his tail. Where it's yellow on the underside, it's a dull color on the top:
DSC08485.jpg

Also, it seems like his eye is getting worse. I'm taking out the sand today, so it won't be a problem:
DSC08492.jpg

DSC08495.jpg

But it doesn't seem to bother him much:
DSC08491.jpg

** I just noticed his legs are like his tail... Could it be something with shedding?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like his tail is getting ready to shed. But, I don't like the look of that eye AT all. Did you call the vet about it? It looks like he is losing the sight in it. If you haven't at least talked to the vet, you should do that right away. Something is definitely wrong with it. :(

daggerz

Original Poster
diamc":2a92c said:
It looks like his tail is getting ready to shed. But, I don't like the look of that eye AT all. Did you call the vet about it? It looks like he is losing the sight in it. If you haven't at least talked to the vet, you should do that right away. Something is definitely wrong with it. :(

The weird thing is that it doesn't always look like that (the eye). One hour, it'll look like that, another, it'll look better. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom