Dumbfounded

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, recently I was snuggling on the loveseat with Reggie in our living room when my 8-year-old little sister comes in, gives me a disgusted look, and says,
"Are you CUDDLING with that thing?" My response,
"He's not a thing! He has a name!"
"But are you seriously cuddling with it?"
"Naw, Kasey, I'm eating it." There was a small silence in which she sat down and turned the TV on. I had been reading a book. But, now, with the noise, I couldn't concentrate, so I set down my book, laid on my back, relocated Reggie from my shoulder to my chest, and pet him while watching TV as well (ugh, cartoons, I've outgrown them.).
Suddenly, Kasey looks over and asks,
"Why do you like that thing?"
"I don't. I looooove him." I say, dragging out the word to annoy her. She rolls her eyes.
"Who would love a lizard?"
"He is not just a lizard." I spat back.
"Yeah, he kinda is."
"No he isn't! If Reggie is just a lizard, Louis is just a cat!"
"Louis is not just a cat. He's furry and he has feelings and he snuggles and he shows me he loves me. Reggie is just a lizard. He sits there all day. Why do you even love him?" I ponder on this for a moment.

Then I realize, I honestly can't explain why I love my Reggie. I just.... do.

I never answered Kasey's question, and she lost interest and turned her easily-distracted mind back to the TV. I made her sound a bit more intelligent than she did that day. That's not an insult, it's a fact.

Honestly, I'm not sure I can explain why I love my dragon. Because he needs me? Well, the beta fish needs me, too, but I don't love him. I'm the only one who even feeds the fish. Because Reggie is the only pet I have that is actually MINE and shows me signs off affection? Well, that's definitely one.

As I ponder on this for days to come (and I'm sure I will) why don't you give me YOUR reasons for loving your beardie?

-- Jacqui (still Dumbfounded)

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
aaww i liked the video.
i dont know why i love my dragons only that i just do. i enjoy taking care of animals and its nice to watch tv with peaches snuggling up to me or Ricco doing his happy dance at breakfast time

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
There are many reasons that I love my beardie,the happiness she has brought to my family,her bright beautiful colors,her snuggles,watching her dance across her viv,the Miss Queen of the hill,the facination I have with her,watching her eat both crickets and salad...........JUST BECAUSE!!!

Ax3sGizmo

I also don't know how to answer this. I've only had my little guy for a week but I love him more than you could imagine. He is amazing.

It's hard to explain this to people who haven't had any experience with beardies. Maybe on the ouside they are "just lizards". But to beardie owners they are so much more. They are adorable for one. And they have so much personality. They show affection in a totally different way.

People have all the wrong conceptions about bearded dragons. I guess they'll never know what they're missing out on.

SashaH

I love Snizzard because he needs me. I love him because he makes me laugh. I love him because he has so much character. I love him because he always heads to the warmest spot on my body to nuzzle in. I'm 23 years old and he is the first pet that I have ever got. My fiance has a dog, my mother always had cats. I can't imagine waking up and not saying good morning to his little face, or not seeing him beard at me because I'm taking too long with his crickets, or having to stop him from jumping into the cricket bucket. They're not just lizards, he's got more personality than the dog does!

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
ive only had mine for all off 2 days but ive spent alot of time holding him/her. and anytime it gets dark even a little bit. like a heavy cloud passes he pretty much falls asleep. i love him/her an cant wait for him/her to get big enough so i can tell if his/her is a him or a her! lol so i can stop putting him/her :) oh ya an today i let Dino run around on the floor(supervised) an he tried to climb my guitar amp! :D he/she loves music too!!! or atleast climbing

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Alix1378":c885b said:
ive only had mine for all off 2 days but ive spent alot of time holding him/her. and anytime it gets dark even a little bit. like a heavy cloud passes he pretty much falls asleep. i love him/her an cant wait for him/her to get big enough so i can tell if his/her is a him or a her! lol so i can stop putting him/her :) oh ya an today i let Dino run around on the floor(supervised) an he tried to climb my guitar amp! :D he/she loves music too!!! or atleast climbing
Congrats! I would normally say that beardies should be given a few days to adjust before handling, but it sounds like your guy/girl is pretty relaxed and happy with his/her new home. :D

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
It's kind of like saying "why do we love our friends?"
Because they are always there for us.
Because they make us laugh.
Because they stay up late with us watching movies.
Because they listen to what we say, but give us the critical eyebrow when we say something stupid.

Good friends are like beardies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom