Dude's Toenail - Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachella

Juvie Member
About a year and a half ago I took Dude out from his bath, burrito-snuggled him and set him on the windowsill for some fresh sunshine. I checked on him a few minutes later to see the large toe on his left foot was bleeding! It took hours to get it to stop and when it did we saw that the nail on that toe had somehow seemed to -push- itself back into his toe, that's the only way to explain it.

He's never had a problem with it since then except for not having a nail. Well, over the past month or two I've noticed that the nail is still growing despite it's position. At the end of his toe he now has a hard, round nail bulge and I'm afraid his nail has curved and is growing -into- his toe. I think. I can't be for certain but it's my guess. I tried getting a couple of pictures of it and I hope they'll do. It doesn't seem to bother him but I'm afraid eventually it'll become a hazard and I want to know if I'm being appropriately worried about this or not?

Does it look like my assumption is correct? That the nail is still growing in a curve into his toe? If it is I'm pretty sure it should be looked at by a vet then, right? It can't -stay- like that, not if it's still growing? Could it end up severely injuring his toe?

Lots of questions, sorry. I just want to make sure this is something to be appropriately worried about and what sort of actions are recommended for me to take. :|

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

P.S. Ignore his dirty toe. ><; He doesn't care about tromping around in his poop to show us how late we are in cleaning it.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It doesn't look like a problem to me but im not a vet :|

If it helps ease your conscious you should take it to a reptile vet. If you have a nice vet like me they wont charge you for a small thing like examining your beardie for you :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom