Dude just ate a potato chip!!!! will he be okay??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
Dude found a potato chip on the floor and decided it was good enough to eat!!

It was either salt and vinegar flavor or honey dijon flavor. i have work in an hour, will he be okay??

william488

Juvie Member
one chip will not harm them. either flavor. might want to make sure to get him some water because it is dry and it is salty but other than that, they will be fine. if you want to give him water, just drop a few drops onto his nose or give him a bath. but really I don't think that is necessary.

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
Original Poster
william488":11pq3e64 said:
one chip will not harm them. either flavor. might want to make sure to get him some water because it is dry and it is salty but other than that, they will be fine. if you want to give him water, just drop a few drops onto his nose or give him a bath. but really I don't think that is necessary.

Thank you very much! I freaked out because it is very salty and i know potatoes aren't good for them.

william488

Juvie Member
ya potatoes should be feed very rarely, but one chip will not hurt them. the thing in chips that would be bad would be all the salt, the oils from frying, the preservatives. etc. Your beardie will be fine. he might want to watch some tv tonight, and sit on the couch for a few hours, but definatly don't let him have pepsi, or mt dew. lol. :p

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
Original Poster
william488":3bvtcuoe said:
ya potatoes should be feed very rarely, but one chip will not hurt them. the thing in chips that would be bad would be all the salt, the oils from frying, the preservatives. etc. Your beardie will be fine. he might want to watch some tv tonight, and sit on the couch for a few hours, but definatly don't let him have pepsi, or mt dew. lol. :p

Haha, i'll try not to give him any! It seems like he has been wanting to eat salty things lately. The other day he licked sea salt that was spilled on the floor!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
That seems fairly normal for some beardies. I read a thread several weeks ago where this beardie ate a chip (can't remember which one) out of his mommy's hand, before she could react. :lol: One beardie I know of will eat cheerios off the floor of his tank. Unless you give them to him fairly constantly it won't hurt him.

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's weird, because dude usually has no interest to eat anything other than his food, and he won't ever eat out of his cage. but man, that chip must have been tempting!

So it would be okay if dude had a potato chip once in a great while? or a cheerio? aha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom