Dubia Roach Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pravius

Juvie Member
Good info! I was reading and am thinking of starting a colony myself. I was trying to figure out how many adult pairs I should get... I do not want to go nuts and have roaches taking over by them breeding too much... what is a good package to buy to get started for two sub adults and a baby?

switchitup813

Original Poster
well as babies, mine ate around 50-100 a dubia baby nymphs. I have one now that is a sub-adult and he eats around 5-8 of the male adult dubia twice a day. So i would start out pretty large if you want to feed out of it soon. I would get 1,000 mixed and 500 dubia nymphs. The 1,000 will get you going and you can feed the nymphs to your baby. Hope this helped.

osmbr

Hatchling Member
go to the this link. hes a cool guy and will answer any questions u got and look at the instant colony if u get the 25 instant colony its 25 males and 25 females but he gives u 5 extra pair so i think its a good package and FREE SHIPPING. check him out he did good for me and his roaches were healthier and bigger than ones i got from a previous source.

Litakat

Hatchling Member
I just started a colony and have somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 females and 20 males + 500 nymphs. I have also purchased some phoenix worms and superworms as additional food sources until the colony fully takes off, but it seems pretty sufficient right now. I have one adult dragon. So I may even end up with lots extra lol

switchitup813

Original Poster
It is going to take a while to get your colony set up as you dont have any sub adult to grow to adult. so your going to have to wait a couple months for the babies to become adult.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
awesome thanks for the link to ur blog i just got some dubia roach's from my buddy i got 1 male and 3 females we will see what happens

switchitup813

Original Poster
a female can produce 20-40 a month and it takes 3-5 months for babies to turn into adults. so i hope you dont plan on feeding out of it right away.

kalipbean

Hatchling Member
I would put some pics on your site, its kind of bland with just a bunch of text. Add some pictures of your own colonies to spruce it up a bit and make it more appealing.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
I agree with the pics idea. If you do decide to include pics, be sure to include good pictures of the heating mechanism you use. That seems to be a trouble, keeping proper temps in the Dubia colony. Also how you arrange your food and water in the actual container you keep them in :D

kalipbean

Hatchling Member
If you need any pictures, id be glad to help! Could also give you some recipes for a awesome fruit/veggie mix that the roaches go nuts for. Just pm me if you need anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom