Dubia Roach Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbattisti

Juvie Member
If I could make a suggestion for your blog . . .

You should do a few more hyperlinks and reorganize things a bit to help everyone through the process. For example, down the right your directory has these topics:

Welcome to Dubia Roach Guide
Dubia Roaches: Best Food for Reptiles
Buying Dubia Roach Guide

So, being a newbie, I started reading through these in order from top to bottom. When I got to the Buying Dubia Roach Guide, I immediately read this:

"once you have made your decision about buying dubia roaches for your reptiles and set up the dubia roach enclosure..."

The thing is, at this point I hadn't read ANYTHING about setting up the enclosure. It turns out that is in the NEXT blog entry, "Guide To A Thriving Dubia Roach Colony".

You could improve this in several ways:

1. In the sentence above (and in similar sentences throughout your blogs), hyperlink to the relevant blog entries.
2. Move the enclosure setup to BEFORE the the buying guide.
3. Consider numbering your blog entries to give your "customers" a step-by-step process for understanding dubia colonies.
4. Newbies like me often want to know everything and see real-world examples, so hyperlink to external references where possible. For example, when you say, "The water can be in the form of water crystals," hyperlink "water crystals" to a reptile supply web site water crystal product or something like that. Same thing for terms like "heat pad".

This is great stuff, by the way. It's exactly what I'm trying to figure out right now. You might want to add a section on how you monitor the temperature of your colony, and suggestions on where to buy roaches. You should point out you can't buy them in Florida. It would be awesome to have a video of separating the roaches!

Oh, and by the way, you've misspelled "separating" as "seperating" and "holes" as "wholes." Not a huge deal, but if your goal is to be seen as a key reference source, misspellings like that can hurt people's impression of how smart you are! :)

Great work, it's what I'm going to use to get my dubia colony set up!

Steve

Triage

Hatchling Member
Well, I think this site really needs a good FAQ on Dubia. A lot of questions get repeated. Even I am guilty of this. Are there moderators on these boards or each section? Or a single (as in sole) Board Op?

switchitup813

Original Poster
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking interest in my blog! I will be updating pictures soon but am extremely busy with some work right now. In the mean time, If any of you would like me to add any pictures you may have to the website, just upload them here and I will add them:)

Any questions? Just let me know:)

Paksta

I was also wondering about how large Dubia's are? how old are they at 1/8th of an inch, 1/4 of and inch, ect.. it would be great if this was added to the blog.

SlabOMeat

Hatchling Member
I'm curious...so I've got my tub set up and am do a test run before my roaches get here. I have a heating pad set on high under the tub...the only place that I'm getting readings of 85+ degrees is down low near the pad under the egg crate. Is that ok? I mean it seems pretty much impossible at this point to get the entire tub above 85 degrees.

switchitup813

Original Poster
That sounds okay as heat does rise, but that is why I use a heat lamp, I think it heats the whole tube up a little better. But it is your preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom