Dubia Roach Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see alot of questions about dubia roaches on here. If you visit my blog, i have answers for dubia roach enclosures, colonies, food, water, and just about any question you can think of it should be answered on my blog. If not, leave a comment on my blog and i will answer the question for you as soon as possible.

http://dubiaroachguide.blogspot.com/

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
Thanks for the link.
There seems to be a new link every couple of weeks, then it disappears and the questions come back. I think it's mostly that people don't want to read everything, they want to know only one thing about the species. I am guilty of this as well. :oops:

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
your link was great! i'll be starting my colony soon, dubiae on the way :)

i do have a question about these nummy critters though... whats the best way to seperate the nymphs from adults?

I have a hungry 5 month old and she puts away upwards of 100 1/2" crix a day, so i figure she'll munch about 50 nymph dubiae per day. i dont wanna have to pick 25 out by hand per feeding. just seems time consuming and a pain in the &*%... any suggestions on how to seperate the nymphs from the adults for feeding time besides picking them by hand?

TIA :mrgreen:

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
I would guess around 40 grams then. Smurf was 20 grams when he was 7 inches at the last vet visit. Unless you have a fatty. :lol:

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
I may have a fatty. she's definately a chubster if you ask me ;) and i'm darn proud of her :blob8:

switchitup813

Original Poster
Well my beardie is about 5 months old and and is about 15 inches long and weighs about 230 grams. When a beardie reaches about 200 grams, they can eat adult male dubia roaches. Mine will eat 6-7 two times a day. You can compare your beardie to mine on what to feed. I will be updating my blog later tonite about this if you want more info

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
switchitup813":0ec5d said:
Well my beardie is about 5 months old and and is about 15 inches long and weighs about 230 grams. When a beardie reaches about 200 grams, they can eat adult male dubia roaches. Mine will eat 6-7 two times a day. You can compare your beardie to mine on what to feed. I will be updating my blog later tonite about this if you want more info

Then I was WAY off. :shock:

Litakat

Hatchling Member
What did you keep your crickets in? I've been thinking of the same thing. I have a large order of Dubia coming my way for a colony too. For me, I used to keep crickets in these little cages that had the tubes sticking out. I was thinking perhaps like once a week, you could count out a bunch of the nymphs for feeding and just put them in the cages. That way all you need to do is work from that smaller container for feeders instead of all the roaches every day. Still requires some counting, but perhaps less.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
My crix are in a big sterilite with some egg crate in there. As of now all I do is shake the egg crate and crix come falling off in bundles. I think that my poopers still a tad bit too small for adult dubiae. I was thinkin the same as you though, friend -- that i should seperate the nymphs from adults all at the same time once a week or every couple weeks or something so that i could feed from the only nymphs colony and let the adults get freaky so my colony could be sustained...

crazyseany

Hatchling Member
how about adding some good roach chow recipes and how to make them?

listing necessary ingrediants and maybe optional ingrediants to add better nutrition.

also what and how to grind....

sean

switchitup813

Original Poster
OK thank you for your feedback, i will put a post up later about the roach chow. I will let you know when it is updated or you can follow my blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom