Dubia or Lobster Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo1

I am looking to est. a colony but i am torn between Dubia Roahes and Lobster Roaches, i know lobster have more meat to exo. ratio but i know Dubia dont climb and are not very fast movers but they have wings, do they fly? I dont want my Rolo to be unhealthy. I know Lobster Roaches climb a breeder site says to rub vasaline on the top the encloser so they dont get out? Can someone shead some light here please

mpbrown2

Dubia do not fly...they can use there wings for more of a controlled fall. Dubia can climb up the side of a bin which is not smooth. To fix this you can put a strip of packing tape around the top of the bin and they will not be able to climb on that. I am not sure if the the tape will stop the lobster roaches.. My vote is for Dubia... But you could always get both ;)

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
clear":9d404 said:
My vote dubia. I have owned lobsters before and they stink and climb!
yes i agree i would go dubia all the way for many reasons. just knowing you dont have to worry about one somehow getting out of your dragons cage was all i needed.

jmiller

Get both to offer some variety if you can. Lobsters are really not that hard to keep contained. You might want to get some B. lateralis as well.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
If you are only feeding 1 or 2 dragons go with dubia.
I have both because of the number I have to feed.
The dubia just dont breed fast enough to keep up with my dragons.
Lobsters and turks seem to keep up better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom