Dubia breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Depends how large your bin is. I have the small Repti-therm for my dubia, but it only covers 1/3 ish of my bin. When I get a larger bin, I will get a larger heat mat. I want it to cover 2/3+ of the bin, and leave a small cool area for food.

Also (and this is REALLY important), do not EVER put an unregulated heat mat on plastic. Make sure you have the thermostat or rheostat to prevent temperatures from reaching 120F or higher.

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok so today i plan on going to homedepot an buy mesh top scrren for my dubias its time to get serious an start the breeding. here is the list of thing i am going to get
*the heat pad by zoo med
*the screen
*the reptitherm 500
I already got the bin an the dubia an they seem to be eating really well so wish me luck everyone so my beardies eat happly

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
sanchezjc":3rp619w5 said:
ok so today i plan on going to homedepot an buy mesh top scrren for my dubias its time to get serious an start the breeding. here is the list of thing i am going to get
*the heat pad by zoo med
*the screen
*the reptitherm 500
I already got the bin an the dubia an they seem to be eating really well so wish me luck everyone so my beardies eat happly

Your going to need Hot glue. Mini sticks about 25, Large sticks about 9. Duct Tape. I used the Nashua Brand and it's holding up well. Some rubbing alcohol to clean your bin with in order to get the tape to stick really well, and some packing tape to line the top inside of the bin with in order to stop any Dubia from crawling out. I haven't noticed anything larger then 1/4" crawling up the side, But ya never know.

Mike

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
I'm thinking of cutting out the hot glue and attaching the mesh screen with duct tape as well. Any reason I shouldn't?

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Uhh cant I just put the heating the devices connect that together an just check the temps friquently

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I,got my colony going I put mesh screen on top with a ceramic heat emitter on top with a digital tempature gage made by zoo med

CNS

I wouldn't put uth on rubber maid bins. I have over 50 dubia bins and 25 are heated. UTH are best used with glass and you can use CHE on rubber maid bins, just make sure you don't cut to much out of the lid or the heat wont stay in long. Any questions, PM me.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Ive had numerous bins with 20 different spices and all my rubber maid bins have ether UTH or human heating pads on them with no problems. Been like this for years. On carpet and on plain wooden floors. :D

CNS

All of my bins are in my basement and Im weary about melting them and starting a fire when no one is around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom