Dubia breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
Ok so today I went out an bought two male an 6females .I put them in a tub with the lid an I cut out a whole an now I want to put the CHE on top of the screen I put on there .but the thing is I don't know if the CHE will burn threw the screen it's not the metal kind it's like a thin thin frabic that looks like a vent will it burn threw

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Im not too sure on how well CHE's work with Dubia colonies since it would basically heat up the whole bin instead of just the bottom or one side.

Do you know exactly what kind of screen you are using? I'd assume if the CHE has been on for awhile and hasn't done anything yet, that it wouldn't. But don't take my word for it.

-Brandon

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
I just got my Dubia in today and set up my colony. I went with a Heat Pad and a Thermostat.

Heat Pad
!Bdyhgo!!2k~$%28KGrHqYOKjIEq5DBdy!uBK6d+ecUm!~~_35.JPG

Thermostat
themostat500r.jpg

Set Up my Colony Tub! The Heat pad is hooked up to the thermostat that should keep the side of the tub around 92*F and the ambient temp around 88-90*F
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

These guys hid quick. Every time I bothered them and tried to take a picture they hid again. For Chow, I blended Iams Pro Dog Food, Zoo Med Beardie Food, & Repcal W/ D3 powder. They also have Water Crystals and an Orange.
scaled.php

Mike

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
I have a zoo med heat pad and the hydrofarm thermostat for my dubia. I set the thermostat to 90F and stick the probe about 1/3 of the way up the egg crates inside the bin. They are breeding pretty rapidly.

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
AtlasStrike":3hfe1vvd said:
I have a zoo med heat pad and the hydrofarm thermostat for my dubia. I set the thermostat to 90F and stick the probe about 1/3 of the way up the egg crates inside the bin. They are breeding pretty rapidly.

I wasn't sure if the Pad I picked would be strong enough. So I went with the Zoo Med because it's 500W and has 2 Outlets. That way if I need to add another pad I can.

Mike

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok I have the heating pad,aswell,but I,am ganna have to go grab that reptiterm thingy

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
sanchezjc":8mulcs51 said:
Ok I have the heating pad,aswell,but I,am ganna have to go grab that reptiterm thingy

Their cheaper by about $15.00 on Amazon compared to my LPS. If you think you can get by for a few days waiting for the shipping.

Mike

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
The max wattage for the hydrofarm is actually 1000 watts, so I could run multiple bins off of the same thermostat. Unfortunately, the probe only measures in one location, so I would have to make sure all my heat mats were the same wattage and working correctly.

The big difference is that the reptitherm can be used with lights and CHEs, while hydrofarm is for heat mats only.

Mavrick813

Hatchling Member
AtlasStrike":2xjs6thv said:
The max wattage for the hydrofarm is actually 1000 watts, so I could run multiple bins off of the same thermostat. Unfortunately, the probe only measures in one location, so I would have to make sure all my heat mats were the same wattage and working correctly.

The big difference is that the reptitherm can be used with lights and CHEs, while hydrofarm is for heat mats only.

But doesn't the Hydrofarm only have the one outlet? Are you suggesting maybe using a Surge Strip out of the Hydrofarm and then plug multiple mats into it?

I don't get it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom