Dragon's Den Herb (Kevin Dunn) info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all (first let me apologize for the book)...I was just reading through this thread and felt the need to post. In no way, do I wish to discount anyone elses experience but would like to relay our experience with Kevin. We've dealt with and purchased from a few breeders (7) over the past year and we've had great experiences - okay experiences and yes, even less than satisfactory. That being said; we would rate our purchase from Kevin as 'great'. He was very honest and took his time explaining his business to us. I had discussions with him over a 2 month period - at all times, he freely offered information and assistance. At no time did he act less than professional. Finally, we'd made up our mind to purchase a pastel juvi 'male' from him - it was a done deal. The morning that he was to ship the little 'guy', we received a call and it went something like this 'I'm very sorry, but I don't know that this is a little boy anymore'. He apologized up and down and said that he didn't want to ship us the dragon without discussing it with us - he offered us the following; 1) to refund the full purchase price or 2) accept the original dragon (unsure sex) or 3) accept the original dragons sibling holdback (confident as female) with the same coloring. I told him thanks for letting us know, prior to shipping and allowing us a choice. As far as we know, most breeders won't guarantee the sex of a juvi and some might even ship and claim 'sorry, no guarantees'. We discussed the options and I called him back within the hour. It wasn't part of our original plan but we decided to go ahead with option 3. After calling him back and accepting the new terms - he sweetened the pot - he 'THREW IN' another stunning (confident as male) dragon juvi (diff lines). We'd already accepted the new dragon replacement - no reason in the world for him to do this. He said he felt bad for the mistake and wanted us to have a male, to go along with the female. Now, your probably saying 'what junk did he send these folks'...lol Upon arrival, the dragons were packaged well - best we've yet received and exactly as pictured. We couldn't be happier - both babies are healthy, beautiful, ate from day one, are growing like weeds and haven't exhibited a stress mark since arriving (outstanding temperament!). Again, sorry for the book but I feel all experiences should have be heard...the good, bad & the ugly.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
midnight_962002":24a41 said:
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74701&p=576950&hilit=fire+and+ice#p576950

[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=18738 f=1 ]

Here are a couple threads that I found quickly.

Ernie, I don't see what Fire & Ice has to do with Kevin Dunn? I'm thoroughly confused... :dontknow:

Spiritwolf...Interesting choice to put your first post in.

Glad to hear you had a good experience.

Again, Mistyck...I'm not downplaying or arguing your experience...only stating ours. I don't know how 'interesting' my choice of a first post - on this forum - is, but I do visit various forums (of different interests) and occasionally insert commentary.

And for the record; I am in no way affiliated with Sandfire Dragon Ranch and/or Dragons Den Herp, simply a one time customer.

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
@ Mistyck I had mentioned that I was talking to Fire and Ice about a dragon. He was warning me about them.

@ spiritwolf1270 Thanks for your experience. This is by no means a flame thread. I wanted to hear from other people about their experience with Kevin before I consider giving him my money. I work in retail management, and know there are always bad experiences no matter how good customer service is. At least now I can draw my own conclusions with the information given.

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
MNbeardie":f727e said:
Yeah I know I'll always get the pros and cons when asking a question like this. I was more concerned that I hadn't heard ANYTHING except the compliments posted on his website (which don't count in my book). I did email him a week ago asking for some pics. Still waiting... I may keep searching other breeders.

The following are the perfect dragons in their respective color. The red one with full back view is my fav red. The Sunburst is gorgeous.
Blood3.jpg
sunburst.jpg

Those pictures are several years old, especially those bloods... The yellow is almost a year old, and you should expect these pictures to represent the "Best" he has to offer... In my opinion Kevin's dragons are way over rated and way over priced... Everything is nipped because of the volume he deals with, but any breeder will tell you that nips are a part of breeding and no matter how good your care is nips do happen. But his lines seem to nip a lot more than others, since his dragons turn out to be a little more aggressive... Personally the dragons he always sells for $200 each plus shipping aren't worth more than $165 shipped, and what you see in the picture is not always the same colored dragon you see when you oven the box. Because a bunch of BD.org member drilled him back in 07' and 08' about his pictures being edited he's taking much more natural pictures, and the colors are closer to what you see in person, but I wouldn't pick one up from him unless I was at a reptile show in person to select the dragon of my choice. A lot of times he won't send anyone a pick, not even other breeders! Always ask and receive several pictures of the dragon your looking to buy before purchasing, don't take anyone words unless you trust them 100%!

Choose wisely, at this point many other medium to small breeders have a much higher quality dragon compared to some of the larger breeders. So do your research and educate yourself before you buy a dragon... There's almost always a person with a good and bad experience from every breeder, so just way pros/cons until you find a breeder you know you can trust!

Best of luck,

Anthony

EclpsPrinc

Juvie Member
Wow! We must have gotten lucky! I'm Spiritwolf1270's wife. The two babies we received from Kevin were of excellent color, absolutely no nips and exhibit wonderful non-stressy, non-aggressive personalities. :D

Kagome100

Juvie Member
I have never bought from him but i do know a site i do trust. River City Reptiles. I trust all her Dragons. I have 3 of hers here at my house. I bought them all different times from her and each time i got one nothing was wrong. Healthy, Happy Dragons. Im hoping to buy from her again latter this year.

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Kagome100":8f657 said:
I have never bought from him but i do know a site i do trust. River City Reptiles. I trust all her Dragons. I have 3 of hers here at my house. I bought them all different times from her and each time i got one nothing was wrong. Healthy, Happy Dragons. Im hoping to buy from her again latter this year.
LoL, that sounded like a plug to me. Please keep on topic with Dragon's Den.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
MNbeardie":d7fac said:
Kagome100":d7fac said:
LoL, that sounded like a plug to me. Please keep on topic with Dragon's Den.

what is a plug??? i only said what i thought. Ok maybe i was not talking about Dragons Den but i did say a site i trust.

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry Kagome, my last post had a bad ring to it. I just posted what I thought. My sarcasm didn't come across well. Thanks for the recommendation. I am going to avoid River City Reptiles 'cause of what I've read on Fauna.

General consensus on Fauna is: Jeane Best- River City Reptiles (Bad Guy).

Kagome100

Juvie Member
MNbeardie":5aa05 said:
Sorry Kagome, my last post had a bad ring to it. I just posted what I thought. My sarcasm didn't come across well. Thanks for the recommendation.

its fine happens to any one :) we only human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom