Dragon's Den Herb (Kevin Dunn) info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
I read about him in a couple articles online, but haven't found anyone that's bought from him. I haven't seen any reviews on the other reptile forums either. The pics he has on his website are beautiful vibrant dragons, but appear to be a bit higher in price than most breeders. I've been communicating with him via email for awhile now, he seems to know his stuff and claims to have been breeding his Blood line for over 13 years. His Sunburst line is beautiful as well. :study:

I'd just like some reassurance before spending $500+ on a pair.

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Hello,

I have purchased from him. I won't do it again. Get a picture of the actual dragon and get him to gaurantee health/color for a period of time. The dragon I got from him came in with an eye infection and stopped eating shortly after. I no longer own the animal and have since sold him to a friend.

On, the other hand, I have talked to people who have purchased from him and thought there dragon was exceptional. Your gonna find both sides of the story.

I believe there were a couple people from this board a while back that didn't like him. Search under his name, dragons den, and Sandfire Dragon Ranch. They are all linked somewhere.

Ernie

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Wow 500 for a pair of Sunbursts. He's got some pretty animals I'm sure, since he breeds thousands there's going to be some good ones.

If they are a male/female breeding pair I would only get 1 from him and the other from Draggintails or one of the other breeders with that caliber of yellows. I have 2 breeders from FireandIce that are collectors quality yellows too.

I love the yellow "Sunburst" and "Super Citrus" and have my own breeding projects, there is a fine line between pure glowing yellow and yellow/orange. The glowing yellows are the real eye grabbers.

February2008041.jpg

Kevin certainly has the experience and bloodlines to produce nice animals.

Make sure you get pictures before you purchase.

Love the see the pics after you get them.

Jeff

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I know I'll always get the pros and cons when asking a question like this. I was more concerned that I hadn't heard ANYTHING except the compliments posted on his website (which don't count in my book). I did email him a week ago asking for some pics. Still waiting... I may keep searching other breeders.

The following are the perfect dragons in their respective color. The red one with full back view is my fav red. The Sunburst is gorgeous.
Blood3.jpg
sunburst.jpg

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
We bought one of our girls from Sapphire Dragon Ranch and the service was excellent. BUT, the pictures are very deceiving! Our girl was supposed to be RED, and she has NO red to her WHATSOEVER.

We were told that if we still weren't happy with her at the end of 3 months, then we could send her back for our money back. We called him and wrote him at the end of the 3 months and he told us that he would only give us half the money back, minus shipping. We told him that's not what we agreed upon when we first brought up the problem about the dragon not being the color that he advertised, and he told us that he would only take her back at "cost". (Cost being that he would have to look for another buyer to buy her after he got her back from us, even though he made money off of us to begin with.) That's not what we agreed upon, and he said, take it or leave it. We decided to keep her, (even though she's the most vicious thing I've ever had the displeasure to encounter), and see if she would brighten up. Well it's been an additional 8 months and she's still has no color like the color shown in the original picture, and is still vicious (even with working with her for all these months).

I will never again deal with him, or recommend him to ANYONE. He is a huge bait and switch person with his personality. Nice in the beginning to reel you in, then pompous jerk after getting your money in his grubby hands.

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Dragons Den is not Sandfire Dragon ranch. However, if you go to a show they are at they always share a booth. From what I understand they are partners. I am not sure what the detail is behind it but, in MY eyes they are one in the same.

Mistyck, that is exactly how I felt about my red from Kevin.

Ernie

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all the info. I'm talking to Fire and Ice now about a super citrus. The search continues for the perfect red though.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
midnight_962002":10285 said:
Dragons Den is not Sandfire Dragon ranch. However, if you go to a show they are at they always share a booth. From what I understand they are partners. I am not sure what the detail is behind it but, in MY eyes they are one in the same.

Mistyck, that is exactly how I felt about my red from Kevin.

Ernie

Ernie,

I believe you meant to say that Dragons Den is not Sapphire Dragon Ranch.

They kind of are partners. Either way, I won't deal with Dragon's Den now that I've dealt with Sapphire. I don't care about details with them, but when talking to Sapphire he mentioned something about Dragon's Den. Now that leads me to believe that they know one another and condone the way each other works.

Also, Ernie, incoming PM.

chrisallen

Hatchling Member
All the bait and switch techniques are ridiculous. I think part of the problem is that the cameras are soooo good out there, and there are so many ways for people to easily edit their pictures. If you arent sure about the picture, ask for another view or in different lighting and ask if the picture has been edited in any way. There is no reason to wait 3 months........maybe 3 days to settle in, but if the husbandry is up to par, and the dragon doesnt even resemble what the pic looks like I would send the dragon back. Any seller who wants a good reputation will stand behind what they are selling and want complete satisfaction for the people buying their dragons.

Also, im a little confused about the sapphire comment......does that have anything to do with kevin ? I was under the impression sandfire and dragons den were partnered up, but I didnt know anything about a sapphire dragon ranch?

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
If I was in your shoes MNbeardie i'd wait for Chris Allen to get his breeding started again, he always seemed to have killer reds. I mean if you look for brilliant red you're bound to hear the words "Chris Allen Red"

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Chris,

You are correct. And many people are getting much smarter and asking for more pictures. I have no problem supplying more because I don't want a baby to be returned. If I don't have what you want I am going to tell you.

Ask for pictures people!!! Many pictures!!! W/flash W/O flash etc. Then ask specifics...

Ernie

chrisallen

Hatchling Member
lacy_black":969f9 said:
If I was in your shoes MNbeardie i'd wait for Chris Allen to get his breeding started again, he always seemed to have killer reds. I mean if you look for brilliant red you're bound to hear the words "Chris Allen Red"
Thanks Lacey...........the only thing is it may take me awhile to get to where I want to be with the reds. Im not going to call the first reds I produce chris allen reds, lol. It may take me a year, it could take 3 years, but im not going to slap that phrase on just any pairing until its something special. I have a few dragons that I am real excited about, and they will probably be ready this coming fall/winter! I do also have a small group I have ready right now that I purchased as adults, and the potential is there to have some really nice dragons.

Ernie, whats going on man. I wish I could just get my crappy camera to take decent shots consistantly, I cant wait till I can get a new camera.
Chris

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
chrisallen":2fa5f said:
Ernie, whats going on man. I wish I could just get my crappy camera to take decent shots consistantly, I cant wait till I can get a new camera.
Chris

Hey Chris, how are things. I am trying to upgrade mine to a full Digital SLR, just gotta sell it first. I have a nice camera that takes awesome shots. But, be it as they are now cameras tend to enhance color or get fuzzy. I usually take a dozen shots of each animal and only use the ones that I feel represent the animal properly. There are some that don't do them justice and there are others that I feel do a little bit to much justice. Then I send them as they are right off the memory card.

Anyways back to the thread. M & N I would do some research on the Fire and Ice. I have never seen them sell a dragon that wasn't a hold back or collector quality. I think there may have been some discussion on here about that. Check our for sale section here and talk to Sunshine. He has some really nice reds and I believe they are ready to go. I only have an burnt/orange boy. I have never purchased an animal from either Fire and Ice or Sunshine though. I did have a guy local to me that contacted me about getting out of breeding and he had purchase several animals from big breeders. IIRC he contacted all of the breeders and Sunshine took them all in because this guy needed them out of his apartment. Dang Landlords. In my opinion that is stand up.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom