Not open for further replies.

yogiebear8899

Original Poster
DSCF2879.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today? Sorry I was having trouble getting the link to work but I can see it now. Our server can be slow sometimes, or maybe it was just photobucket at the time I tried to look, sorry! He is thin, very thin. :( I am sorry your brother waited so long to get proper care for him.
How many times per day are you feeding him right now?
If you are feeding babyfood, I would use squash babyfood, green pea babyfood, chicken or turkey babyfood, & calcium all mixed up together. Just take it very slow with him, as his body has been deprived for a very long time. He looks like a baby, instead of a 2 year old!!
Has he passed any urates yet?

Tracie

1happymommy

Juvie Member
How is he doing today? Did he look better before you left for your Dad's?

You are one cool sister to take this on. You can bathe him a a small tupperware dish in warm water to help hydrate too. Spraying him does not really help in his situation and could be causing to much humidity in the small tank.

You can find really cheap enclosures on craigslist.
Can you take him to a vet? Maybe your mom will help you. My first visit with a stool sample was $60 plus meds. You might be able to make payments and tell them you rescued him from your brother & they may give you a discount.
Please keep us updated. I know the others are very helpful here I learn from them everyday.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us today? I hope that he is doing better today. Please keep us posted on him.

Tracie

yogiebear8899

Original Poster
HI
Okay so today hes not bad i watched him move around the tank
what does it mean if hey get really dark cause every morning i go to wake him up hes really dark...
right now im feeding him 3 times a day
would you like me to start feeding babyfood cause i can and will...
and if so do you want me to feed him baby food + the stuff im feeding already??

my brother had him a little over a year and i have had him for a few months
so i think hes about 2??..

should i bathe him regularly??

when i left for my dads he was way better but i dont think he was being fed enough
he wasnt being fed veggies
i argued that he needed them even if he didnt eat them all the time but my mom stopped buying them so not eveything is my brothers fault
they left the crickets in the cage and the always hid in the log so he couldnt get them
and they grew big [ended up bitting him ]
i tryed to clean his cage and turn on the light when i saw it was off but i couldnt all the time [ i have many other animals to care for ]

the only vet i know that takes lizards is in beverton so i will try my best to get him up there
umm it i a very nice place i dont know how much it will cost but we will see

i looked on craigslist and is a 46 gallons (15"x15"x48") okay ??
if not i can look more...

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Wait he is 2 years old?I am sorry I am little but taken back maybe its the photo but he looks like he is a baby.How long is he?As for the getting dark its most likely because he is cold.What are the temps in the tank at night?What are they during the day and how long does it take for them to reach their max temp?How are you measuring them?He should be bathed daily in his current state and you really need to feed him multiple times a day.The babyfood is important to for him right now.I would not give him too much protien right away instead I would get him veggie babyfood and slowly add some chicken babyfood in it over time.Are you now making sure the crix are not left in the tank?You dont want him getting bitten or getting parasites from them.I really do think he is going to need vet care if he is to have a chance of getting well.

yogiebear8899

Original Poster
yes he is 2 or a little younger
hes 9 in head to tail
i know he looks like a baby but i think its due to how he was cared for before
i havent gotten the temp gun yet so im not sure
i keep his heating rock on at night and turn it off in the morning when i turn the light on
of course i dont leave the crickets in the cage..
okay i will get the baby food tomorrow hopefully but i can walk if no one will take me
should i feed it with the supplement im already feeding???
i will try to get an appointment next weekend cause thats when i go up that way to my grams and she will take me

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh I see.Ok so the first thing I have to recommend is not to use the heatrock.These are very dangerous especially to beardies and in his condition even worse for him.Do you have a uvb for him yet?You should definately make sure the babyfood is mixed with repcal calcium and thinned out with a little water.Did anyone discuss getting him some repta aid from the petstore?Repta aid is a very good product that will help nourish him quickly.What else are you giving him at the moment?Sorry if you answered these questions already.Are you measuring the temps at all at the moment?

yogiebear8899

Original Poster
well i havent but im feeding him a mixture right now of hydrate water,bearded dragon monster diet, and vit supplement
im getting liquid calcium..
yes i have a uvb light
okay i will keep the rock off..
how do i keep him warm at night??

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
yogiebear8899":d5b57 said:
well i havent but im feeding him a mixture right now of hydrate water,bearded dragon monster diet, and vit supplement
im getting liquid calcium..
yes i have a uvb light
okay i will keep the rock off..
how do i keep him warm at night??
Ok so her is what I suggest you need to get as priority:
repta aid critical care formula(pet store)
veggie babyfood(squash or something like that)
chicken babyfood but your going to add very small amount of this
liquid calcium
digital probe thermometer or infared temp gun(probe is only like 4$)
What type of uvb do you have and how old is it?
What vit supplement are you giving him right now?
As for keeping him warm at night how cold does it get at night?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Vicky, the beardie has a 100 watt Powersun for his 20 gallon tank. yogiebear8899, that's why it's critical that a temperature gun or a digital with a long wire & probe end be purchased asap. The beardie could very well by overheating which causes rapid dehydration. Here's a picture of the digital with probe that you can get at Walmart (the Acurite brand) for about $12.00. How soon do you think you can get it?
100_0297.jpg

Also, how close is the MVB to your beardie? Is the bulb inside the tank or on top of a screen?

yogiebear8899

Original Poster
i ordered a temp gun already
idk the vit, the label came off
okay will do with the baby food
ummm power sun and its only and couple months old
idk it changes
right now its kinda cold...
how much is the stuff you are suggesting??
im kinda on a budget

on top of the cage
im getting a stand
ummm idk my mom is sick
but i looked for one at walmart the other day
i couldnt find one
were eles could i try??

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
vickson420":10c36 said:
Thanks Diane I jumped on the thread late and I am just trying to play catch up.
I'm just trying to save you some time by giving you the info. Just trying to work as a team the way we usually do.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom