Does your beardie poop in his/her sleep? (blood results p.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Unshelled eggs - okay! That is good to know! I will request the ultrasound.

He sends them out to some crazy expert (I mean that in a good way) reptile pathologist in Indiana, so that is why it takes a few days. I know. I will be going nuts waiting. I want answers!!

Okay, leaving for real this time. Gonna go get my Pudgy. HAPPY DANCE!!! See you all in a little while!

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
PudgysMom":7n856uxa said:
Unshelled eggs - okay! That is good to know! I will request the ultrasound.

He sends them out to some crazy expert (I mean that in a good way) reptile pathologist in Indiana, so that is why it takes a few days. I know. I will be going nuts waiting. I want answers!!

Okay, leaving for real this time. Gonna go get my Pudgy. HAPPY DANCE!!! See you all in a little while!

I want photos of her when you get back!!

Drive safe!! We both know how crazy Californian drivers are! xD

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Just took some pictures and recording.

She, of course, did that little puff of air breath thing she's been doing, so I tried to record her and she didn't do it again! I will keep trying to catch that as well. Give me a few minutes to upload. . . BRB

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
PudgysMom":2q89hxl8 said:
Just took some pictures and recording.

She, of course, did that little puff of air breath thing she's been doing, so I tried to record her and she didn't do it again! I will keep trying to catch that as well. Give me a few minutes to upload. . . BRB

KK I shall wait

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The AVI movie files do not want to work GRRR.

What Dr. B said in person:
X-rays look good. Definitely no signs of MBD, but there was a tiny little something along her spinal column.
Cytology suggests infection
Waiting on bloodwork, then we do ultrasound
Depending on what those results are, we may do surgery. BUT that is just one day at a time. He detects possible abscesses.

On the car ride home, she pooped. HA! I am telling you this beardie has never pooped so much since I have had her. It was just a little, and it was normal, but I am wondering if it is the new ReptiSun 10.0 or the antibiotics?

I am cleaning out her terrarium, getting everything all ready (NO MORE SAND!) She is just plopped on a pillow until I am finished, sleeping away... :sleepy2:

Here are a bunch of photos from tonight and I'll see if I can get those movie files working:
5956177145_866d3b1f01.jpg

Here you can see her eye half shut, her ear infection and her lip:
5956736904_c3e2190b98.jpg

Her eye again. You can also see a bit of the bumpiness on her lip:
5956737102_9579d18252.jpg

Uh oh - stress marks (they seem to be gone now)
5956737256_9bd3559441.jpg

Looking at her straight on, you can see the difference in her eyes and how the left side of her face is almost swollen.
5956737420_f43eab0aaf.jpg

This is how her eye looks a lot. Good example of her lip too:
5956177929_6a1b862388.jpg

Normal side, but you can see that her lip on the other side is off:
5956178009_112717ab2e.jpg

Kind of blurry, sorry. Her ear. It's so crusty.
5956755240_c050ce97c5.jpg

Her lip and how it's all off:
5956760232_f10b90460b.jpg

Excuse my boyfriend's arm. Here's a pretty good picture of her left side altogether...ear, eye and lip
5956200545_3c4eea8ccc.jpg

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
It looks more like an infection on her lip, or a bad retained shed causing it.

Did you try cleaning it with the betidine/iodine solution yet?

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KitsuneGem":8x51l78w said:

A couple of people have mentioned a retained shed. What exactly does that mean?

I have the Betadine, I am just unsure of what solution to use? Is it like one part to one part? How much do I dilute it? Just apply with a q-tip?

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
PudgysMom":2udmzwou said:
KitsuneGem":2udmzwou said:

A couple of people have mentioned a retained shed. What exactly does that mean?

I have the Betadine, I am just unsure of what solution to use? Is it like one part to one part? How much do I dilute it? Just apply with a q-tip?

Weak tea color : )

And its when the shed does not come off and it stays on, then they go threw another shed and shed it off. Or like in many leopard gecko cases, the retained shed does not come off at all and tightens around their toes, so much so that they lose toes.

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Got it!

OMG about the geckos! :shock:

Yes, it is as though the last molt she went through, well...it just seemed like she never finished and now this.

Okay, how often do I apply the solution? And do I put any inside her mouth or just on the outside with a q-tip? Sorry for all the questions!

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
PudgysMom":pac2u9l0 said:
Got it!

OMG about the geckos! :shock:

Yes, it is as though the last molt she went through, well...it just seemed like she never finished and now this.

Okay, how often do I apply the solution? And do I put any inside her mouth or just on the outside with a q-tip? Sorry for all the questions!

Yea I have a lot of people coming to me at work to show them how to get it off their geckos toes.. I mainly see it when the geckos are on sand. 95% of the time actually.. And they end up with the shed so tight their toes are not able to be saved.

And I would apply it with a q-tip since you don't want her to drink it. I think once daily should be okay, you'll have to double check that with Tracie

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Try refreshing your browser. It should be fixed (I messed up the link). I do use Photobucket too, but it's been really slow for me.

I'll be sure to post more photos and work on those two videos too!

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay, sorry. One more question. Do I put the solution on her lip only or do I put it on ear/in the little hole too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tacobeardie
Top Bottom