Does it matter what blanket I give to my beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyballz30

Sub-Adult Member
a vivarium is more or less a reptile enclosure. We shorten it and call it "viv". Same thing as tank or enclosure as someone previously stated. We are just special lol :mrgreen:

Ailsa

I far prefer giving him a little blanket to curl up in than trying to stop him running down my shirt!
Ill have to get a pic today and post it, Gizmo currently sleeps in a childs sock lol

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
I use towels/face towels/ or a shirt lol. I odnt have a blanket just for her yet.. and plus she's only in a 10 gal viv.. even with a towel there's hardly any room. So once I get my 40 gal then I'l go out and get a blankie for my baby

lesleyg1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ruby2uesday":7293a said:
Here's Huego's Blankie. got the idea off Hopefulresearcher from here on the boards. hadn't seen him in a bit! hope all is well w/ his new 2nd beardie.

And Huego was none to please that i woke up him for an impromptu photo shoot. lol

DSC00450.jpg
Aww that is too cute and that blanket looks very comfy.

lesleyg1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My mum has some little soft towels that she had bought a while ago to use for my baby brother so she gave me them and they seemed to like it for a while at least especially Oz, Zizou can never sit still so I wasn't that surprised that he didn't want to sit in it for a long.
Here are some pics-
DSC00386.jpg

That is Ozzy

DSC00397.jpg

An that one above is Zizou
And the next 2 I just put in because they were so damn cute
DSC00366-1.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I originally bought a bag of fleece micro fiber rags from Walmart.
But now all my beardies have some really nice blankies that we got from Blondie098(Dawn).
She makes some really awesome blankies and does a great job personalizing them for you.
Here are a couple of pic's of just a few she made for my beardies.

PVT Blaze an his blankies
DSC00777.jpg

And here's PVT Blaze with his bunny
DSC00717.jpg

Ms. Piggy an one of her blankies
DSC00308.jpg

Zak-n-Wheezie due to their handicap are not able to use a hide I have to create a soft one out of
blankies when they want to hide so they have several an I love everyone of them.

This is one of my favorites because of the saying...
DSC00379.jpg

DSC04189.jpg

DSC03938.jpg

All my beardies are blanket babies and wait to be tucked in at night.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Unlike what most think of beardies being a reptile(obviously they don't own one or 9) not thinking they like to snuggle they do. They like being comfy. It's soft and cozy don't you like soft and cozy? Mine will scratch around on their blankies much like a dog would do to make a comfy spot to lay. Scaly puppies! :lol:

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Barb I dont know why but the blankie picture with Zak & Wheezie made me cry !!! They look so adorable and they are so lucky to have you !!! :oops:

But beardies do like being comfy !! WHen MJ sleeps on my neck or stomach.. she scratches around (as if im a piece of fabric) and its PAINFUL !!!!!!! But its the cutes thing !!

BeardedDrag

fresnowitte":3d590 said:
Unlike what most think of beardies being a reptile(obviously they don't own one or 9) not thinking they like to snuggle they do. They like being comfy. It's soft and cozy don't you like soft and cozy? Mine will scratch around on their blankies much like a dog would do to make a comfy spot to lay. Scaly puppies! :lol:

What type of blanket should i get my lizzard :?: like fleese :?: :study:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom