Does a bearded dragon get sad when moved to new home

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when a bearded dragon is with an owner for a while does it get sad :( when moved to another owner or is it fine with it and is ok when gets moved to a new owner

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Beardies will exhibit what is called "relocation stress." Typically, this involves a lack of appetite for up to a couple weeks after the move. The ability of a dragon to miss his former owner will depend on who you ask, and there will be strong opinions on both sides.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
if it helps you any... i just rehomed a dragon of mine, i've had her for almost 3 years, however, we are moving and i cant fit both of my beardies... anyway, a friend of mine too her and for the first few hours she was a little stressed out, however with a lot of attention from her new owner she settled in quickly and was even eating a salad by night fall! so i think it is more the owner feeling bad :D i felt horrible, i wont lie... however Juuji is doing great and is really doing great!!! :D

koilover512

Hatchling Member
your beardie should be fine as long as it goes to a loving home. Reptiles relate to us by either we are bad or good. So if the beardie goes to a good owner it will be happy.

himynameisawesome

Original Poster
You guys are helping me so much where can I send my beardie to a good home don't trust the people where I live to properly take care of a lizard

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i agree that it mostly depends on your beardie and WHO they end up with.

Mr Dargon freaked out for a while after we moved to a new apartment.
and he seemed mopey while i was visiting family, according to my husband. when i came back he cheered up. but i think i am way to attached to him to ever give him away.

Tasty Treat couldn't care who she was with as long as she got food.

I would probably make people fill out an application, take a survey, and perform a background check before i gave them one of my babies. but i do have a line of people willing to take Tasty Treat if i ever 'need to part with her'. >.<
(they are willing to settle for one of her babies, if we ever decide to mate her)

try looking at herp sites. i don't trust craigslist for rehoming animals.
there is always the for sale section here. you just need to pay $5 for a month.

himynameisawesome

Original Poster
Thanks for all the answers but I decided to never part with my beardie. He's a sweet little guy, he's curious, funny and seems to enjoy my company sometimes, sometimes he wants to hide and be away from everything it's cute the way he curls when he wants to be left alone. So my beardie is the perfect one for me and if I give him away I won't find one with everything he has. So I will keep him and stay with him until the day he goes which I wish I never had to experience but its important that I kept him happy all the days of his life. Through good and through bad no matter what happens I will never ever give away my beardie to anyone in the world because he is my beardie forever and nothing will ever change that. Nothing in the world can take my beardie away from me now. I will always stick with him. If you have a beardie please don't get rid of it you are the one who bought it in the first place so don't give it up and dump him with someone. If you don't have the expenses to keep a beardie don't get one. If you don't have the time or dedication for a beardie don't get one. If you really have to sell your beardie don't sell it on Craigslist you'll just be giving it someone who's just gonna kill it sell it to someone trustworthy and someone you see that really have a love for beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom