Do they know when to hold their breath ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
OK I know this sounds sooo stupid.. but Prince has started drinking his bath water during baths. Which is fine to me, but I've never seen him swam before or go under the water and lately.. he's been drinking soo much that he sticks his head all the way down (water up to his nose). I'd panick when I'd see this so I would pick him up and hold his belly up. I've read somewhere on here once where their beardie nearly drowned in their bath. I'm very careful with only filling up the tub up to his armpits btu when he does this I still get paranoid. Just curious and need some thoughts :D

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Rainbow older dragons do it is the younger ones that can really drown. My adults blow up and hold their breath, Princess closes her eyes and goes sideways and I always grab her and I get the stink eye like why did you pick me up. Just remember water to the arm pit or enough to cover the vent and you will be fine. My older dragons always go in the deep end and swim. Hope this helps. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom