Do Bearded Dragons Recognize Their Owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCON

Seemed like an interesting concept. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't really miss you if you left on vacation like a dog would, but on the other hand they must recognize who is feeding them.

fez09

Extreme Poster
My dragons recognize me for sure! I handfeed them and if I'm not home, they don't eat!

jon21388

Juvie Member
I feel like mine kinda recognizes me and my gf. My gf can easily hand feed him all day long, but he will never eat anything out of my hand. I think he has a thing for the girls.

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
I believe that they defiantly do because when i leave Zilla in my room to clean his cage with my mom she says he watches me the entire time i leave the room and stares at the door till i come back,and hes only 4 months old :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I believe they have memory for recognizing people.

Whenever someone new comes to look at my dragons, my dragons always tilt their heads and give a strange look like they are examining the person. They never do that if they've seen said person before.

-Brandon

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Yes they do. Redrock always recognized our voices. Last summer, Goldie was outside basking and I was wearing sunglasses, she doesn't see me with them on much. She bearded me, not recognizing me with the sunglasses on, but when I spoke to her, she immediately calmed down.

LaPrice

Hatchling Member
My beardie charizard does the head tilt thing at new people, though only if were at home and someones over. When we take him to petsmart he just sits and says "i'm awesome" to himself repeatedly
He likes to watch house too. My bf put on Dr. Who one time and charizard got excited, then he saw the computer screen and looked disappointed. He proceeded to run off in the appt. making us chase him :p

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
My brother lives away. when he last came to visit me terri would not move from me- clinging on for dear life (and this was when she was still a bit jumpy and not as used to me). When my brother held her, she struggled and came running back to me and snuggled up. i felt proud that she recognised me as a safety figure!

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
I think so when we come into the house we always stop and say hi to Princess and Choas and often I think they hear us coming in the door because they are both looking for us to come say hi. The other day Princess got out of her leash and after only a few min of calling for her she came running towards me black bearded lol. I think she got scared sense she has never been free like that.

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Krayt is for sure a mommas boy. He won't eat without the presence of me there. Most times, sometimes my bf gets lucky and can feed him. Toruk on the hand, he doesn't like me, he is a daddy's boy. Whenever I try to hold him he thinks its okay to jump out of my hand. however, since he has been sick the last few days I have been able to hold him. So I say Yes they do recognize their owners.

Livey

Extreme Poster
I agree, they know each and every person in my family,
My mum and my brother and the cuddlers , so they always run the them first..
I feed them and love them to sleep, Nu will just sit and look at me for ages..
When i call there names they still dont come to me :( i guess they haven't learnt that trick yet
But they defiantly know who will cuddle them :)

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
i think so as well
for instance:
Juuji puts up with me but she adores my hubby, so she while she will take a shoulder ride from me the SECOND he walks within eye sight of her i have to go over to him because she will start climbing down me to get over to him lol!!!

Phoenix is currently brumating, i check on him daily, one day my hubby went in and all he got was a crack of an eye, i went in a few hours later he cracked his eye at me and then opened both and came to the front of his tank (he wanted his mommy to carry him around in the hoodie) :mrgreen: and when i hold him and my hubby tries to spend time with him phoenix will dig his fingernails into me to hold on tighter lol!!!!

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
Not sure if either Putzy or Oscar care who I am, but they do know I'm the food lady. My first dragon, through, not only recognized me, he would follow me around when he was out of his viv. While he never came when I called his name, he would always look at me. Izzie was very affectionate and a snuggler. Putzy and Oscar, on the other hand, both have had bad experiences with their former owners and haven't really decided to trust me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom