Do bearded dragons glass surf when shedding?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, Is that a thing they do? I just want to know in case I have to figure out another reason for why he’s glass surfing. He started Saturday, I think. He laid eggs on Wednesday, so he was glass surfing before that. Then, he was fine on Thursday and Friday. He started shedding a little while ago before Saturday. Thank you!

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
That is normal and also probably doesn't like to be touched or bothered.
Glass surfing means she wants out of the tank and that means something is wrong with the tank or inside the tank.
You need a bigger one for sure and she probably will be much happier with a 120G
Ok. I will get one. I don’t know if this makes a difference but it is a 40 gallon breaded. It is 36 x 18.5. But, I guess that is still quite small compared to a 120 gallon. Also, his tank got rearranged again because there was a lay box and a lot of sand in his tank. I had to clean and take it all out. Thank you for your help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok, thank you! That would be helpful!
You want a tank w/ at least 18" height wise
www.zenhabitats.com -- I have two of these tanks the original tanks -
www.symtonbsf.com -- not hot on the black makes the tank dark
www.dubiaroaches.com -- same here
Main - Carolina Designer Dragons -- dont like the all glass harder to heat and the UVB fixture is connected to the basking fixture making it difficult to get surface basking temps correct if you need to adjust plus they are heavy
www.diycages.com - have not gotten any feed back on these tanks
(no title) no feedback on these tanks
Animal Plastics Cages and Racks same w/ this one --
Make sure you read all specs on the tanks and what they offer for add ons etc ---- if you have questions please contact them before you purchase ---

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
You want a tank w/ at least 18" height wise
www.zenhabitats.com -- I have two of these tanks the original tanks -
www.symtonbsf.com -- not hot on the black makes the tank dark
www.dubiaroaches.com -- same here
Main - Carolina Designer Dragons -- dont like the all glass harder to heat and the UVB fixture is connected to the basking fixture making it difficult to get surface basking temps correct if you need to adjust plus they are heavy
www.diycages.com - have not gotten any feed back on these tanks
(no title) no feedback on these tanks
Animal Plastics Cages and Racks same w/ this one --
Make sure you read all specs on the tanks and what they offer for add ons etc ---- if you have questions please contact them before you purchase ---
Ok. Thank you very much!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Most likely just restlessness of a young adult dragon, a small tank and shedding. Nothing to worry about. You can let her out to run for a while under supervision and making sure there is nothing she can swallow like rubber band, coin, small toys, rigs, etc.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Most likely just restlessness of a young adult dragon, a small tank and shedding. Nothing to worry about. You can let her out to run for a while under supervision and making sure there is nothing she can swallow like rubber band, coin, small toys, rigs, etc.
Ok, thank you! The restlessness makes sense. He seems to be doing it in small spurts. Not even against the wall sometimes. Just a little running back and forth.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshG88
Top Bottom