Discoloured back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree. If it is fungal, it is the strangest one that I have seen. I don't think it would hurt to continue to use the antifungal cream right now & frequent baths to see if anything else cleans off of his skin.
Did the vet not have any other suggestions, at all?
There is a cream called Thermazene that you can get from here:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=thermazene&x=0&y=0

Maybe you could try that, it works very well for alot of skin ailments from cuts, abrasions, to fungal problems.

Please keep us posted on Tristan. I hope his appetite is doing well.

Tracie

caoimh

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hey guys just a few update pics

there is something worrying me, in the center of the affected are it seems there is a red colour coming through. i havent bathed him yet today so i dont know if it is irritating him

101_0798.jpg

101_0796.jpg

101_0795.jpg

this one is a view of his head where the yellow also appears to be

101_0797.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Wow...that is so odd. That is right where I noticed the circle/splotch from your first photos of him. I haven't a clue, but maybe Tracie or Vicky may be able to help later when they come on.
Have you thought about looking for a herp vet, one who has actually seen beardies. Maybe there is one in your area or near enough that you can go to. I'm just real worried about the little guy and would love to see you get to the bottom of this.
How is he acting overall? Is he eating?

caoimh

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No i dont think there is a specific beardie dragon anywhere near me, im talking hundreads of miles even :cry:

i really am puzzled by this, i have googled all fungals for bd's and none look like this?

im just going to keep feeding him and bathing/applying the cream, maybe the red bit is whre his skin is starting to heal?

he is still eating his live food but seems to have turned off his veg

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
I did notice the mark in the initial photos which was why I asked about the pulling of the shed.It looks like an irritation.He could have been very uncomfortable with the shed and he scratched too hard and yanked it off before it was ready.I still dont see this as a fungus at all.I am wondering, is the only thing your using right now the cream the vet gave or are you doing the home method for fungus?The cream might actually be making the irritation worse if it is what I think which is he yanked off the top layer of scales.You may want to try just the home remedy for a few days with the betadine bath and lamisil and see if that helps.

caoimh

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im doing the home method as the vet told me get lamisil. betadine has been taken out of pharmacies in ireland so I am unable to get it. I am trying to find an alternative. At the moment im bathing him for bout half hour, using witch hazil and then applying the cream twice a day. the area does feel soft but i dont know if this is beacuase it is a fungus or just because the shed came off too early. i will post some more pics in the coming days

thanks for all the help thus far guys!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It appears to be irritated for sure. Did you look into getting that thermazene? That is a superb cream that is used to treat all types of skin ailments.
Did the head shed at the same time as the back did? It sure is a completely different color than the bottom portion of his head, legs & arms though.
Keep trying. Bathe him daily, & look into trying the thermazene, ok?
Keep us posted too. I hope it improves.

Tracie

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
So they dont carry betadine brand or all products containing povidone iodine 10%? I agree if you can get the thermazene that would be great.

caoimh

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hey guys,

just a quick update on tristan, really does look like an irriitation so im going to stop using the lamisil. im looking into getting the thermazene cream but for the moment im bthing him in a ligt mix of water and betadine fo bout 20 mins a day and continuing to use the witch hazel.

my mother has a pharmacist friend who oredered in the betadine for us, sure is messy stuff. Im doing as told, 1 cap diluted down to a weak tea looking colour.

appetite is still healthy although he is going to be on veg for a few days cus the pet stores shipment where i live was late and still hasnt arrived, no harm tho to have him on veg for a few days.

iil post pics once i get using the thermazene cream.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If that area is looking irritated, definitely stop the lamisil use. The thermazene should greatly help him out. Your mom's friend should be able to get Silvadene which is basically the same thing as thermazene.
Yes, the betadine should look like weak tea when diluted down.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom